“Disgusting possibly worst lunch ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Batts Grill - CLOSED

Batts Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating
Description: Serves Seafood and Sandwiches
“Disgusting possibly worst lunch ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been coming into this restuarant for more than 5 years and I have to say the new paint and carpet are a good touch but it will not mask the crappy food, roaches crawling everywhere, disgusting bathrooms, and horrible waitstaff. There was only one waitress that helped us while we were there. Younger girl, cute, I believe she had been there for a while. The other waitresses acted as if they were to good to help us. The food was gross, cold, small portions, and now the prices have gone up. I must say I will no longer be eating at this establishment. Awful. Just awful.

2 Thank cutiepie66

North Carolina
“Great food but place needs cleaning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We love the great food and low prices -- especially the deluxe quarter pounder cheeseburger and the fried shrimp -- but this place needs deep cleaning. They need to close for a week, pull out every stick of furniture and equipment, deep clean down to the core, and start over. We recommend the food, but keep your eyes shut and you'll be fine. Mostly we do takeout because of the poor sanitation here. Batts, we love you, but get clean! I'd given another star if it were clean.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Skeeter81-ta
Sneads Ferry NC
“The Food has gone from good to not worth eating”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well for many many years I have eaten at Batt's Grill in Surf City NC ,,, Although it looked like an old greasy spoon the food was just awesome ..... This year Kenny, who had operated it for as many years as I can remember it passed away . It was a shock to everyone. But they kept the Grill opened ,,, The food was not quite as good and the servive went down some ....... But I kept eating there . L...ast Sunday I know there were over whelmed some but the food was good ,,,, So today around we left to go get an late lunch ,,,,,, So we wound up at Batt's Grill ........... We walk in there and 1 of the waitress's was complaining about a hispanic male and family that walked out because they would not serve breakfast ........ It was 2:00 and forget breakfast already just shut up about the customer being p_____ off cause you won't serve him breakfast ...... Well they get to us after all there were 3 tables with customers ,,,,,,,,,, when they get our order it is screwed up ... well picky eater me , my food was not right ,,,,,,, a mitake on the cook's part ....... the waitress had it written down right , so she takes it back .... 15 minutes when I get my food back I get a double hamburger that has no heat in it ..... on a dried up bun and the coldest soggy french fries ..... I just will not eat that crap and I am not sending it back againfor them to get it right ,,,,,,, I make my displeasure known , pay for my girlfriend's food that she had eaten , she says you know my fries were cool when I got my order also ... I really think that will be my last time eating at that place and I have eaten there for well over 40 years ... Also Monday Morning I think I will contact the Pender County Health Dept with a complaint ! This was at Batt's Grill in Surf City NC

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank eris j
Columbus, Ohio
“Low prices, uncomfortable atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were hesitant to try Batts, due to the shabby signage and exterior. But, we were pretty hungry and it was nearby, so we gave it a shot. The prices were phenomenally low. I ordered the flounder basket and my husband had the double cheeseburger. Both came with a side and drink and were under $6 each. My husband loved his burger, but I got a mouthful of fish bones on my first bite and was pretty much done after that. We went around 2pm on a week day and although there were about 8 people sitting around at the tables, I think we were the only customers. The waitress was friendly, but a little too much so, it was kind of awkward and after 10 minutes or so, I just wanted to hurry up and get out of there. Afterward, we talked to some locals who said they only go for breakfast, which is supposed to be very good.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank DreaDixon
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“watch out for flies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a fly incident in the syrup, the waitress herself said "don't order the biscuits" and we walked in, needed a table for 5 and a young waitress shrugged her shoulders and walked away, we found a booth and went and borrowed a chair on our own. you get what you pay for.

• Visited September 2012