“Best view on the island!”

Daddy Mac's Beach Grille
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oceanfront dining at it's finest. Enjoy a wide selection of hand cut steaks, fresh island seafood, and the house specialties. A locals favorite since 2006.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Best view, direct ocean front. But average food. I wish a great chef would run this place and bring a fresh menu.

There are newer reviews for Daddy Mac's Beach Grille

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went on a summer evening. There was a long wait but that was ok as they had a bar and a porch area to sit. The back deck also has a waiting area that, along with a dining area, overlooks the ocean. There's a walkway to the sand also. Kinda nice. We were also waiting for an outdoor table and that took longer than if we had asked for first available I'm sure. It ended up raining and after moving our table further under the overhang we finally gave up and were moved inside.

Prices seemed a little high but it is seafood and an oceanfront location. Food was good but nothing spectacular. I'm from Maryland so we know our seafood. I would much rather eat outside during the evening but the inside wasn't so bad.

Would probably return but likely would try somewhere new on the island first. Would love to see more local seafood showcased on the menu.

1  Thank LetsGoCaps83
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited for dinner mid January, and had 2 great meals! Seafood platters so that we could try some of everything! They let us mix up the platters with both fried and grilled seafood/fish. All fresh and well-prepared. Our server was very attentive, made recommendations on the fresh fishes, and knew the menu well.

1  Thank lovetogo2heidi
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I absolutely loved my dinner at Daddy Mac's. It was a beautiful day in December and we chose to eat outside with a beautiful view of the ocean. I had the shrimp po boy. Loved it! It was hot, the shrimp was well done, not over cooked, and the waitress made a suggestion of trying a romoulade sauce on the side that really made the dish! My friend had the fish tacos and she said they were also very tasty! It was a nice relaxing atmosphere and the waitress was friendly and attentive. I would go back to this restaurant in a heartbeat!! It was a nice casual place to eat and enjoy the view!

2  Thank Julestwo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were visiting friends in Surf City and went to Daddy Mac's for New Years Eve. Typically our experiences on NYEve is restaurants have limited menus. Not the case here. They had a full menu and our service was excellent. Our meals were delicious and we ended up taking half of my meal home since it was way too much food. Will be anxious to enjoy this place again when we return during peak season and we can enjoy the outside dining and the fabulous view it has of the beach. A really nice restuarant in the heart of Surf City, NC.

1  Thank Susan H