“Great Birthday Dinner”

Ranked #8 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Oceanfront dining at it's finest. Enjoy a wide selection of hand cut steaks, fresh island seafood, and the house specialties. A locals favorite since 2006.
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family took me to Daddy Mac's for my birthday and it was a great time. I had a Mahi Mahi special with fried oysters and it was delicious. My husband had a NY strip steak and loved it. Our appetizers and salads were good as well. It was a quiet Wednesday night but the atmosphere was perfect. Our waiter was attentive and a good time was had by all!

1  Thank HappyRI

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I don't know what they do to their fried shrimp but it's the best I've ever tasted. You can also pick steaks, pasta, or sandwiches. Not to mention you have a great view of the ocean no matter where you sit (they also offer outside sitting). As for the service, you can't get much better than the people there. If I could change just one thing about it I would tone down the bright overhead lights.

1  Thank cheryl h
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This is where the locals eat, that says a lot! It's right next door to the information center. Take the elevator to the dining room and to the begining of really fresh seafood that you'll never forget! Friendly, clean, reasonable, great views too. A wonderful experience. Next time we go to NC to visit our kids at the USMC base, we'll be making another trip here just to eat at this great restruant :-)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

since it does feature great oceanfront views. Not much atmosphere for dinner with bright overhead lights and diner type furnishings, though it was certainly clean and the service was attentive. The dinner selections were not very imaginative or very flavorful ... not much use of fresh herbs or garnishes. Standard iceberg lettuce salad (though the vinaigrette was tasty), no bread or rolls offered. One choice for vegetables, take it or leave it, though potatoes were also an option. A side of coleslaw was a nice touch, but just a touch ... about 4 forkfuls. Not a bad meal, but not a memorable one either except for the good company we were with!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We went to Daddy Mac's upon recommendation of my family (part-time Surf City residents) and we were not disappointed! I had one of the specials of the night - blackened sirloin with blackened crab cake and blackened grilled shrimp... Amazing! The steak was cooked perfectly and the crab cake was very meaty with little "filler". Our service was wonderful and we didn't have to wait long. We were pretty hungry, so we opted for first available rather than waiting to dine outside.
It can be pricey, but well worth it. I had checked out the menu online so we had decided that this was going to be our "splurge" dinner.