“Delicious dinner experience!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 16, 2014

8 of us ate dinner at Sears Landing last week. It was much better than expected, since Surf City is such a tourist destination. We were able to call ahead and that was a plus since we needed a large table. Ate outside on the porch overlooking the marina and water. Some of us had scallops, others soft shell crabs, fried seafood platters, broiled fresh fish (grouper). The sides were excellent. Greens, fried green tomatoes, salads, slaw and etc.
The service was excellent. Yes, priced a little more than some other restaurants, but so well worth it. We ate at another restaurant while there, paid less and the food was very mediocre. Proves, you get what you pay for and we did.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My family and I order the food and picked it up. All I can say was this food was outstanding . It was cooked to perfection . My dad and I have the burger. This burger was the most amazing burger I have ever tasted. My mother had the fish of the day . The fish of the day was Mahi . She said it was the most amazing Mahi she has ever had. I recommend if you are from out of town, you should go and get it .

Reviewed June 9, 2014

What an absolute freakin' RIP OFF! $11 for a "Chicken Salad Melt" on two flimsy slices of white bread, no cheese, no tomato, some limp lettuce and 7 (yes, SEVEN!) fries?!? $17 for a 4-5oz portion of grey ahi tuna with limp asparagus. $17 for a ahi tuna on a mixed greens salad with cherry tomatoes and soggy croutons. And when I say that's what was on the plates, that's ALL that was on the plates. Nothing more. This place is an EPIC TOURIST TRAP. I would have brought it up to our waitress, but she only returned once to sloppily pour more water and was never to be seen again. We had to go up to the register to pay. It's a shame that the food and service was so bad, because the facility itself is in quite a nice spot. The lonely star above is for that alone.

2  Thank Ron S
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great food, great view, and great service. Perfect ending to a day on the beach. Loved the grilled shrimp, grilled asparagus, and fried green tomatoes. Outdoor dining over looking the water was wonderful. $20 for a shrimp plate. It was enough to fill you up without being stuffed. I thought $20 was a little high but the food was very good. I don't mind paying a little more for good food.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Really enjoyed our lunch here. We had Chicken wrap, for my wife, and I had a shrimp PO Boy. And I must admit was pleasantly surprised when they came. Both were excellent and we enjoyed them so much, we went back for Po Boy's two days later. I would recommend this restaurant. The menu is good and the food and service great. You can eat inside or out and the view of the intercoastal waterway was beautiful. Try it you'll love it!