“Chicken bone”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our family went to camino real for dinner, all was fine until we poured ourselves a second dish of salsa..a chicken bone poured into the dish along with the salsa. Our waitress did not apologize or offer any discount and we were told the manager was not there. Will never return and will never get the image of the bone in the salsa out of our heads.

2  Thank Abigail R
jorge94, Owner at Camino Real, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

I am truly sorry for what happened. the chip salsa was mix with our chicken salsa. Our chicken salsa consist of salsa and boneless chicken mix together, however they did not remove the bone and they mix the salsa's. I am sorry and willing to give you and your family a free dinner for the whole year to compensate for what happened. thank you camino real management.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in early afternoon for a family dinner, we are a family of 4. We walked in and were told that it would be a 15-20 wait and over half the tables in the restaurant was empty. I asked why a wait when all these tables were empty......are you ready for this, we had to wait because they had run out of menus, are you serious, she said yes. She could have at least still seat us and let us enjoy some drinks but no, had to stand and wait on menus. ONCE we gots seated it took 20 minutes for the waitress to actually get to us just to get a drink order, 10 more minutes to get the drinks. Once order was placed and food did arrive fairly quickly however our appetizer arrived with our food instead of before for us to enjoy. The food was average, nothing to write home about and a bit pricey.

1  Thank Divemaster43
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I ate here with my family for dinner tonight and we waited over half an hour for our food to arrive. They continuously messed up our drink orders when giving refills. After our food finally arrived, it was cold and I found a hair in my rice. I will never be going back here

2  Thank Lizzy711
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife, daughter and my self were here for a lunch meal. The place was not croweded at all. The hostess seemed to be in a bad mood which was cause for concern, but all that concerned left when our waiter came over. He was great, very friendly and accomidating. When my daughter recieved her food it was what she ordered, but not what she expected. When we told the waiter he was more than happy to get her what she was expecting and did not charge us anything extra. It also came back from the kitchen very fast.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went here late afternoon. It happened to be Margarita Specials night, so it was packed - and LOUD! We had several varieties of margarita (watermelon, raspberry, and mango), which were all delicious and just the right amount of "frozen-ness." The food was surprisingly tasty; I say surprisingly because it was not at all expensive. The chips were ordinary but the salsa was delicious. Everyone enjoyed what they had (burritos, carnitas, taco salad, tamales). It's a good thing it's worth going since it's the only Mexican restaurant around - definitely go!