“Good Pizza & Good Value”
Review of Max's Pizza

Max's Pizza
Ranked #12 of 68 Restaurants in Surf City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After many years of getting pizza at a competitor's pizza cafe, I think we've found our new Surf City place for pizza. Prices were reasonable, the pizza was good and the service was prompt and polite. Wish we hadn't waited until Friday to try Max's. I'll be looking to try their subs next year!

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Pizza was excellent (NY/Italian style) and we really enjoined our quick lunch! Our waitress was really sweet and attentive. The only negative was that the restaurant smelled slightly musty - but at the beach I'm not sure that's truly avoidable :)
The food, price, and service were excellent!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I ordered subs (steak & cheese) and they were pretty good. The meat was tender and the sub was filled. Watch out for the "everything,"it is very messy, almost too sloppy to eat. Get it without sauce and/or mayo.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We visit this area very often but we thought we would try this place out. Now the Pizza was great and the service from our waitress was great. We had ordered 2 pizzas, 1 large and a small. We had finished the large and wanted to carry the small one home. I asked for a carry out box and the waitress brings me this small Styrofoam hinged container for me to cram this whole pizza into. I asked he if I could have a carry out pizza box and she told me the it would be .50 cents......are you serious. So I asked her if I call and order a carry out pizza is it still .50 cents for the carry out box per pizza, she said no its free then, how stupid is this, if someone calls an order in for carry out you make less money than someone that dines in and orders drinks and appetizers. So you want to charge an eat in customer for a pizza carry out box and he is the one spending more money in your establishment, I think not!!! Doubt we come back just for sheer principle now, to many other great pizza places to choose from on the island to be charged extra for a carry out box.

2  Thank Divemaster43
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Called for information, employee was friendly. Called to order, employee friendly. Called back to find out how long before pizza would be ready for pick up, (forgot to ask when order was placed). Female answered and told me she did not have time for calls like this, "it will be 60 min" then she hung up without any further conversation. Upon pickup they take the payment then tell you , not ask you, to wait outside. Next time we will be trying one of the other pizza shops on the island.

1  Thank Jenjer97