“best pizza in town”

Dining options: Dinner
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“best pizza in town”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

i have lost count how many time we have been to Max's. LOVE it. the pizza and the steak and cheese subs are the best

Visited April 2013

“Wonderful Italian food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I was preparing to go on my vacation to Topsail Island, a friend of mine recommended going to Max's Pizza. I'm really glad that she did because I truly enjoyed my dinner there. You'd think that anyone who goes there should probably try their pizza. After asking for a recommendation from our waitress, I tried the pasta with alfredo sauce and my boyfriend tried the lasagna. Both were great choices. The lasagna's sauce was homemade, and the alfredo sauce was cheesy and delicious. Apparently, they use their sub rolls for their garlic bread, and this made for a crusty and yummy choice. I highly recommend going to this place if you're ever in the Topsail Island area.

• Visited March 2013
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Ridiculous Policy Leaves A Bad Taste”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Max's Pizza would not be getting a negative review from me if it weren't for a silly policy of theirs that is such a joke. I stopped by one afternoon on my way home. I had never eaten at Max's before, a first time customer, but was told they had good sub sandwiches. I went in and browsed the menu and ordered a sub for carry out. The sandwiches come with chips and a pickle. The waitress, who was very friendly, pointed out that since I was ordering it to go it would not come with the chips and a pickle but was the same price and was I sure "I didn't want to eat it there". If I wanted the chips and pickle it cost $1.25 extra only because I was ordering carryout. This threw me as my brain scrambled to figure out a logical reason why. I asked for clarification and she looked so embarrassed and just said, "I'm sorry, that's the owners policy". Now, I am not a cheap skate and normally wouldn't make a stand on a bag of chips and a pickle for crying out loud! BUT.... I am paying the same price as someone eating there but they don't have to serve me, clean up after me, etc. What does this ridiculous policy pay for? The cost of the styrofoam box that must run twenty cents? Good grief. I was so irritated I decided to ask the waitress if I ordered it for eat in, took two bites and asked for a to go box if they would confiscate my chips and pickle. She laughed and said no. So that is what I did. I left her a nice tip as I could tell she thought this stupid policy was embarrassing for her to explain to people.

So I was a first time and last time customer over this. I don't like being nickel and dimed. Was it worth it Max's? Oh, by the way, the sub was mediocre. Very watery.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Floopish
“Must be kidding”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Worst pizza ever. Tastes like cardboard with ketchup and govt. cheese. They should be sued for false advertising for saying they sell pizza.These people need to take a drive to Topsail Beach and try the Home Port. Best pizza on the island.

2 Thank surfcitynclocal
Surf City, North Carolina
“Ownership has no taste buds!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Same ownership as Cheris steak house. These people must go to the grocery store and get frozen pizza and then serve it. No flavor, no taste, poor quality.

1 Thank Sbrooks126