“great store”

Topsail Island Trading Company
Ranked #1 of 13 Shopping in Surf City
More attraction details
Owner description: Resort wear, fine jewelry, gifts and fudge for the family
Wytheville, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great store”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a very nice souvenir shop. It is much nicer than the average junk souvenir shop. Interesting and worthwhile things to purchase and take home. Now, let me mention the fudge! This was what we decided to bring home to the people who helped us out with the things back home. You will not be disappointed and neither will the people you give this to. The fudge was the BEST ever!!!

Visited July 2013

Cary
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A shopping wonderland! + best fudge ever”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The people in the store are friendly and very helpful. I went in for shorts and came out with all sorts of great stuff. When I first walked in, I was immediately greeted with the yummy smell of homemade fudge. I hadn't really planned on getting fudge. My experience with fudge prior to this was that it always looked better than it tasted. Thank goodness I gave in to the smell. The very sweet girl at the counter offered to let me taste as many of the flavors as I wanted. Wow... Where do you go with that? I felt "obligated" to taste at least one or two. Besides who turns down fudge tastings? And that was all it took. I decided fudge would be the perfect souvenir for all my friends and family back home and 2 lbs later, I resumed my search for shorts. I stopped by the jewelry counter to inquire about where to find the shorts and was completely distracted by the biggest selection of Waxing Poetic and Lenny & Eva jewelry collections I've ever seen. They seem to have some of everything in this store. Handbags, dressy flips flops, all sorts of beach accessories, sun glasses, toys for the kids, candles, hats, beautiful greeting cards, one of a kind jewelry by local artisans, Natural Life brand of fun stuff for girls, and more. What a great store! Oh, and did I mention the fudge? It just so happened that they were out of this one flavor I thought sounded delicious (blueberry and pineapple) and so the "fudge guys" said they would make it for me tomorrow. Obviously I'm going back tomorrow and it's a good thing because the kids are already eating the "souvenirs". Only two pounds though, I don't know what I was thinking. Good news for future reference..... They ship the fudge anywhere!

Oh, and be sure to clip the coupon out of the little Coastal advertising magazine to get 1/4 lb of fudge for free with a $15 purchase.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank MiniMouseRox
Dawson Springs, Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A favorite for as long as I can remember...”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I love this shop! I have bought jewelry, shirts, and other souvenirs here over the years. The fudge is always excellent (love the new pineapple/ blueberry streusel flavor this year!!!) The shirts are of better quality and don't tend to shrink like those at some of the "bargain" shops, so I'm more than willing to pay the higher prices. I love that they have the Tervis tumblers.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank TammieAnn
In the Country, NY
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Loosing their Charm?”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have shopped at the Trading Company for years and have loved their store and merchandise. We have purchased everything from jewelry to a rug, and yes fudge, to my husbands' favorite shirt, but on our last visit I was not as impressed as on previous visits.
Our visit was during the off season (Jan) and the place was near empty. Myself and 2 others were shopping, I was purchasing a shirt, and another costly item while the others were still looking. I inquired about the fudge, and the gentleman seemed too busy to even bother. When my shopping companions joined me, we did sample and buy (almost 3 lbs.) of fudge. When I presented my Fudge card, the gentleman again seemed annoyed by our business.
Thankfully the shop still has a lot of merchandise that I like, so I will likely be back, even though I did skip it on my last visit to the island in April. Surf City has plenty of new shops to try, but I always liked Topsail Trading Co. I hope it was just a bad day for them.

Visited January 2013
Topsail T, Owner at Topsail Island Trading Company, responded to this review, July 25, 2016
Hi, just wondering if you've been back since you left this review? We would love to hear from you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Something for Everyone”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Definitely try the fudge! It is amazing and people will line up to get an order. We had a coupon for a free quarter pound when you spend $15 at the store. We loaded up on 5 different kinds of fudge though. There was the pistachio, rocky road, turtle, peanut butter, and chocolate. They have plenty of varieties. This is also a very nice gift shop. They have quality items of things to include beach wear, gifts, pottery, soaps, art work, children's items, etc. This is a place you must visit when in Surf City on Topsail Island for sure. Neat place!!!

Visited May 2013