“Loosing their Charm?”

Topsail Island Trading Company
Ranked #1 of 13 Shopping in Surf City
More attraction details
Owner description: Resort wear, fine jewelry, gifts and fudge for the family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have shopped at the Trading Company for years and have loved their store and merchandise. We have purchased everything from jewelry to a rug, and yes fudge, to my husbands' favorite shirt, but on our last visit I was not as impressed as on previous visits.
Our visit was during the off season (Jan) and the place was near empty. Myself and 2 others were shopping, I was purchasing a shirt, and another costly item while the others were still looking. I inquired about the fudge, and the gentleman seemed too busy to even bother. When my shopping companions joined me, we did sample and buy (almost 3 lbs.) of fudge. When I presented my Fudge card, the gentleman again seemed annoyed by our business.
Thankfully the shop still has a lot of merchandise that I like, so I will likely be back, even though I did skip it on my last visit to the island in April. Surf City has plenty of new shops to try, but I always liked Topsail Trading Co. I hope it was just a bad day for them.

Topsail T, Owner at Topsail Island Trading Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Hi, just wondering if you've been back since you left this review? We would love to hear from you again.

There are newer reviews for Topsail Island Trading Company

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Definitely try the fudge! It is amazing and people will line up to get an order. We had a coupon for a free quarter pound when you spend $15 at the store. We loaded up on 5 different kinds of fudge though. There was the pistachio, rocky road, turtle, peanut butter, and chocolate. They have plenty of varieties. This is also a very nice gift shop. They have quality items of things to include beach wear, gifts, pottery, soaps, art work, children's items, etc. This is a place you must visit when in Surf City on Topsail Island for sure. Neat place!!!

1  Thank kts70281
Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is a really nice place to browse and buy! The lady that owns it is a local she lives on Ocean Blvd. You find exactly what you are looking for. It is clean and very organized and it is in the heart of Surf City you cannot miss out on this!

1  Thank Hayden H
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

A perfect place to explore. They have amazing homemade fudge, a huge selection of affordable and unique jewelry. Toys for the kids, toys for the dogs and great decorations for the home.

1  Thank Exploringthewild
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are finally getting back to Topsail this summer and I am really excited to visit the Trading Co. again! This is an upscale shop that sells nice souveniers, not the ones that you would get in the chains... This is a must visit shop if you are going to Topsail!