“Villa Capriani Great Resort”
Review of Villa Capriani

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Surf City
Villa Capriani
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The resort room was very nice, 1-br newly remodeled, new floors, upscale and new bath room, 52-in flat screen, stainless steel appliances, very impressed. The Italian restaurant was also very good. The grounds very clean especially around the pools and ocean front.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jerome M

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We rented this unit Memorial Day weekend of 2012. This was our first time to Topsail Island and the unit was old and needed major updates. There were dead roaches in one of the tubs and also in one of the beds. The A/C was not working in the master bedroom side when we arrived Friday night so we had to sleep on the couch/sleeper sofa which was like sleeping on the floor! The shower head in the 2nd bathroom actually fell off when my husband tried to adjust it. We complained to Treasure Realty about the A/C when we arrived and they said someone came on Saturday morning to put in freon but the unit never cooled like it should have. I filed a complaint with the rental agency and they reimbursed us $75 which was nothing compared to the $300 we paid per night. I had to call them three times to receive that refund which I just received in the mail after waiting 6 weeks. You will certainly be disappointed if you stay in this unit...do not waste your money!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Beverly H
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Check in was difficult, several miles from the property. Sheets, towels, pool passes are all extra. Beds were not made, and the condo, while clean, was in disrepair. Had to call maintenance to fix a broken faucet in the bathtub. Running steadily when we came in the door. To their credit, the faucet was fixed inside of three hours.

The dumpsters in the parking lot were both running over with foul smelling trash for the first two days, creating a dis-pleasurable experience on each trip to the car.

The beach is very closeby and clean. Crowds are small and plenty of room for family activities.

Not a lot shops nearby. If you're coming to North Topsail Island, come for the beach. If you're planning on a lot of activities and shops, plan to travel 8-10 miles to Surf City and Topsail.

Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at the Villa Capriani and rented through Treasurer Realty. I've never been to Topsail before so I didn't know where to stay. The pools were nice. Limited parking so you have to cross a very busy road to get to your car. Condos are individually owned so check the condo before you rent it. They seem to be old and neglected. I stayed in unit 202B. One bedroom. The unit was not clean. Too much clutter everyone. I couldn't even open my suitcase in the bedroom because there was no room. The closets were full of the owners stuff/junk that I had no room to put my things I brought for a week. The bathroom cabinets were the same. There was literally no place to put anything. It was like a flea market exploded in the place. The TV was too small. The restaurant BellaLuna, on the property was not so good either. I would compare Topsail to The OuterBanks. Not much to do with no good resturants around. The last night we went to Rick's and that was a hit. If you want a place to stay at the beach then bring your own food and entertainment to Topsail! I checked out early and Treasurer Realty no The Villa Capriani asked me why I was leaving or if I enjoyed my stay. That alone says alot. I've read other reviews and it seems like everyone says they would go back but pick another unit. After eliminating so many units .....how many are left to pick from?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just got back from a long weekend at Villa Capriani. First, I will say that the reosrt is very nice. The pools are clean. The grounds are well kept. The pool bathrooms could've been better kept..The staff was around cleaning throughout the weekend. The pool bar opened on Monday. Nothing fancy and drinks only. We didn't try the restaurant. D.J. playing music on pool deck on Friday and Sunday night. Parking tight but we got there early and never moved our cars.
All units are individually owned and it's luck of the draw. Definitely research and check out pictures of the units. We booked through Realty World. They are located in the lobby. It made it easier when we ran into problems with the unit. I've read negative comments about other real estate companies but we had no problems with Realty World. Heather and Christine were helpful with booking accomodatuons.
We were in unit 113B. (3BR/3BA) direct ocean front. The first floor units aren't on the ground. They are up one level. The dune is just high enough to block some of your veiw of the beach but you can still see the ocean. The unit is for sale and I picked this unit because we were considering purchasing a unit at the Villa. I had read decent reviews about this particular unit. It was ok. I certianly would not buy it. It definitely shows it's age with water stained popcorn ceilings and painted shut windows. The walls looked newly painted with some renovations in the kitchen. The pergo style floors seemed uneven and felt like they might cave in and creaked loud enough to wake you up. A lot of the electrical outlets did not work. The A/C did not work the 1st night but after calling the desk the next day they had someone right out to fix it. Most of the balcony furniture was too dirty to sit on and there was no where to clean it. Again, I wouldn't buy this unit but it was do-able for the weekend. Plenty of room for 5 adults and 2 kids. Had everything we needed. A flat screen TV in each BR. A DVD player in one BR and a VCR in another. I read somewhere that they are working on wireless internet at the Villa but this unit did not have it. My cell connection was poor but that is consistent with at&t.
I have never been to Topsail Beach and have read that this is the BEST place to stay. I'd go back but I'd pick another unit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SoCalkidz
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Just wanted to share our experience to the Villa Capriani on Topsail Island. We visited this property for the first time about 9 years ago and have returned without hesitation almost every year since, with the exception of one year when cash was tight, so we TRIED St. Regis - which does not compare!

The condos are roomy and there is a wide variety of layouts. We typically rent 2-3 units so most of the family can spend the week together. There is typically a live dj/dance party out on the center stage on Sunday evenings, but really, that's all the activities the place plans. It's just chill time for the most part.

The staff is pretty decent and the restaurant there is good, as well. It is about a 10 minute drive in either direction for groceries, restaurants, etc.

Overall, this place is worth trying. Weekly rates vary, but if you book way in advance, there is a chance you'll save $$. We typically go in July and pay about $1400 for a 2 bedroom unit.

The pools and hot tubs are well maintained

Room Tip: For a great view of the ocean, book early. There are only a few units on each end that are ocean onl...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lnealjenkins
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I've read many comments about filthy condos and mismatched furniture and am not sure why people don't do their homework first (and no, I don't work for an agency!). Most condos are in great shape and you can request recent photos and have questions answered before you make your purchase (this is what we did, via the owners who advertise on Home Away) so we knew we were getting an excellent condo. If a condo owner also advertises other than via an agency, this is the best way to find out exactly what you can expect. Many do this on HomeAway, VRBO etc.

We have three young kids who couldn't get enough of the pools and the beach that the resort is attached to. The grounds are well-maintained and the pools are sparklingly clean (they are cleaned at 6am every morning, I often chatted with the maintanence people!). It's pretty quiet and lots of room to swim and many pools.

Only issue is with people hogging chairs and tables by 7am with their towels etc and not coming back till 2pm. I quickly saw this is against the rules and if no-one returned within 30 mins, I was happy with neatly packing up their stuff and placing it to the side.

Front desk is ok but we went via Coastline Reality (the owners advertise themselves but all paperwork and payment goes via their agency) who were very rude and unhelpful. Never again.

We stayed there in '10 and will return in '12 for another two week stay. It's pricey to stay that long but the resort is truly gorgeous and great for familes or couples who aren't hard partiers. Shops, restaurants and touristy things all nearby but the resort itself is in it's own little world. Hard not to love that. Nice Italian restaurant on-site. Note: there is no kids club or babysitting available.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to see the entire beach and water.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry
Islander Inn & Suites
Islander Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Emerald Isle

Been to Villa Capriani? Share your experiences!