“Always excellent.”
Review of Tiffany's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surf City
Tiffany's Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Surf City
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Another great stay at Tiffany's. As always, it was immaculate, charming, and comfortable. It's an older place, which I like - it reflects the down-home, out-of-the-way feel of Surf City/ Topsail Island, NC - and everything is in working order. The buildings are attractive and the grounds are tidy and appealing. All of the office staff I have met are polite and professional, and most of them are warm, cheerful and outgoing. I've stayed at Tiffany's several times a year, during all four seasons, for about six years now. It's great to have a place you know you can stay at Topsail that is so reliably safe, clean, cute, well-maintained, and affordable. Out of probably a good twelve or so stays over the years, there was just one single time that a housekeeper had missed a couple of things too small to mention. Otherwise it's always spotless. The suites in the old building are simple, pretty, and homey. The new single rooms are modern, attractive, and very nicely furnished. I love this place. The reviewer below with complaints should have reported the towel shortage, lack of hangers & stain on the sofa. I find office staff to be responsive, and housekeeping staff to be friendly and approachable. I agree there are flat pillows and plain blankets, (only in the old building though) the toiletries & toilet paper are cheap, and the pots & pans, etc., in the suite kitchens are hit or miss. I bring a bag of my own kitchen stuff to be sure I have what I need, and of course my own toiletries, and some nicer toilet paper. It's no problem to me since I'm sure it keeps costs down. Don't stay here if you want a chain hotel. The $175 that guest is complaining about is for what is basically a roomy little apartment, a block from the Atlantic ocean! You can see the water from the rooms, and the windows open so you can hear the surf. The old building has wide wooden walkways with benches outside the rooms, plants and flowerpots all around, 2 pools, and an open veranda furnished with white wicker furniture on the 3rd floor overlooking the marshes and the Inter-coastal Waterway. The new building, as someone else mentioned, has a high, sea-view sunning deck. You can see the sound from there too, so you can watch sunrise or sunset. The public beach access is literally one block down the street. Awhile back, before I discovered Tiffany's, I stayed at another cheap motel on Topsail (The Loggerhead Inn - ugh!) It was dank and cramped, and the clientele turned a little rowdy and kind of scary at night. There is a completely different feel at Tiffany's; bright and airy during the day, snug and peaceful at night. I highly recommend Tiffany's Motel.

Room Tip: I love room 216 when I am splitting a room with someone and want to cook, hang out in the room at ni...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank jbolernc

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Friendly & efficient front desk staff. Our room (1 King bed) was lovely-- clean, nice floors, beautiful cloud-like bed, nicely furnished, mini-fridge, microwave, & coffee maker. It looked just like the pictures of the King bed room shown on the property's website. Tasteful décor. The nicely-sized flatscreen TV was hidden away in a cabinet, which added to the ambiance of the room. The price wasn't too bad either. We stayed Saturday and Sunday nights, and the rate for a weeknight is lower than a weekend night, obviously, so that's something to keep in mind if you're flexible. We were on the "beach side" of the motel (half of the motel is located across the street-- with its own pool as well), and our walk to the beach was less than two minutes. Great location.
There is an upper sunning deck in addition to the pool area-- a nice area to be away from kids.
I would not suggest going to the Long Island Pizzeria down the street-- they close at 8:30pm on a Saturday night, and the lady in charge is quite an unpleasant piece of work. Also, a third of the pizza is 'barely edible' crust, so beware.
Motel downfalls: some unwanted noise, but to be expected as we were over the pool area and entrances to the rooms are off of an open breezeway. Checkout is at 10am, which can be a little early for those late-risers. Also, no recycling on-site, so if you're eco-friendly, bring a bag for your recyclables.
Overall though-- a great experience. Highly recommended. Also, there's a AAA discount.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ali Z
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed there this weekend. Paid a ridiculous price. $175/night ($155+++). There was a gross stain, like body fluid, on the sofa bed cushion. Can't understand why management would not clean that immediately. Housekeeping couldn't have missed it. No hangers and not told to bring our own. Blanket felt like nothing more than a piece of felt cut off the bolt. Pillows were flat. May as well not have had them. One face towel for 2-3 people. And, for that price, you still have to rent kitchen appliances, such as a toaster (didn't need any, thank heavens). I don't care if this is a beach, in season. Your ego is way over-inflated, or your debts are, and you're gouging your customers to pay it off. This room was by no stretch, even in season, worth $175/night. We're staying at a 2 year old Residence Inn in DC next weekend for $121/night. And, having stayed there before, I can tell you that we won't have any of the low rent crap that we experienced at your place. If you're considering Tiffany's, go to one of the lesser priced places on the beach. Save your money. I doubt your living conditions could be much worse than what we had at the most expensive place in Surf City.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank itsme3
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We recently stayed at Tiffany's first in a suite with our family for one night and then two nights in the new building. It was very clean and the people were very nice. We will definitely return. It was very comfy. Thank you to your staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Patty M
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Tiffany's served our basic needs for a recent trip to Topsail Beach, but I will not make that mistake again. Yes, as you will read in other reviews, the views from the 3rd floor (tiny balcony) are spectacular, especially the sunsets over the marsh and Inter-Coastal Waterway.
This Hotel is, as another reviewer said, contractor grade construction and furnishings, and in my experience poorly operated and maintained. It is definitely in the lower 25% of all the places I have ever stayed in my frequent travels (I spend about 100-120 nights a year in hotels), and yet it is priced in the upper 20%. This hotel does not even come close to being worth what they charged. We had a 2 bedroom suite.
Our room was very poorly maintained (and this was Memorial Day Weekend - I can't imagine what it will be like after a summer of renters). Filthy walls, many places where the paper and paint was peeled off the sheetrock, sparsely furnished (very limited furniture), sofa was very dirty/soiled and very worn, only few glasses (5 or 6), the refrigerator light was burned out, a 2 bedroom suite with no TV in second bedroom (there was a place/hookup for it), the housekeeping apparently only brings new (stained) towels - they do not provide any bed service or cleaning, sheets do not fit the mattresses - they come off the mattress when you lay in the bed, no mattress cover on the beds - just a very thin sheet, really badly worn disgusting pillows, shower curtain was covered in mold.
Check out is 10:00 am, and the policy is in their own words, $10/hr penalty for late check-out Strictly enforced. The day we left no one was in the office at 9:00 am. They state that they will charge an additional $10 fee if any glasses/dishes are left unwashed at check-out.
Then to top it all off, during our last night there, someone threw up on the walkway (this is decking) and it dripped/ran between the boards onto the hood of my truck and it was very much dried on by morning.
If you must stay here, bring your binoculars, but don't forget to bring your own pillows, cleaning supplies and car wash money!

Room Tip: Best views on 3rd floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank David H
Reviewed May 31, 2014

While making our way back up the coast we needed to stop for the night and were looking for a local place to stay on the beach relatively close to a seafood place for dinner. I didn't want to leave. Tiffany's representative was kind, friendly, helpful and patient. The motel has a older building across from the beach and a newer building, beach block. We stayed in the newer building which was CLEAN modern, comfortable, stylish and ridiculously INEXPENSIVE. Again, I did not want to leave. A quick one minute walk to the beach made it even more perfect. I highly recommend Tiffany's motel whether you are just passing thru this quaint beach town or are looking for a longer term stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank daisybeach975
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This motel is too cute. We came in right before season started, and were welcomed as soon as we arrived. The receptionist escorted me to the room and made sure they keys worked. The room was so cute, and just enough space for the two of us. It seems like the part of the motel beach-side has been recently renovated. The room looked freshly painted, had a coffee pot and mini fridge, and the bathroom was pristine. The view is beautiful and everything works well. I highly suggest staying here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry
Shell Island Resort
Shell Island Resort
#3 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Tiffany's Motel? Share your experiences!