“Mediocre hotel for top dollar in the area”
Review of Tiffany's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surf City
Tiffany's Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Surf City
novakaren
“Mediocre hotel for top dollar in the area”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Tiffany's was not terrible, but I expected far more bang for the buck than I got. At $170/night, it was the most expensive room of its size in town, and in fact, larger rooms were available at that rate, so I expected it to be top notch.

The window AC unit leaked into the unit, landing on the bathroom vanity. The unit was not well cleaned. The pool was nice enough, but the scum line had not received any attention in quite some time. The outdoor showers near the second pool (in front of the main "motel" building vs. the new one behind the condo building) had a stop work order posted, citing no permits for the work.

The walls are thin, making the place really noisy even if the patrons are not. We had some noisy teens above us, but the office was closed so we had nobody to call unless we wanted to call the cops---which would have been tricky, given that there is no landline phone in the rooms. The kitchenette was pretty nice, but it was awkward to use the cooktop because of where it was installed, and the fridge is a dorm fridge with freezer, limiting the fridge space considerably.

I found the bed comfortable, but the pillows were bricks. Between that, the noise, and the light (only a sheer covered the patio door, meaning it was fully light in the room by about 6:30am) I didn't sleep well.

I would go back for about $115/night in that market. I would take my own pillow, something to cover the patio door, and an extra cooler. I would not pay $170 again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank novakaren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
north Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel many times but never will again. I booked my room in advance and even recommended it to my boss who stayed the same week. Upon checking into my suite I found pubic hair on the toilet, dried fecal matter inside the toilet, dirty dishes in the kitchen sink, dried toothpaste in the bathroom sink, and the beds were not made. There were linens balled up at the base of the beds but I am not sure if they were clean or dirty. When I complained the manager asked "Did you not notice when you checked it" and stated that they had been having trouble with the housekeeping staff. She said If I stayed again ask for her and she would make sure I got the royal treatment. Throughout the week I had no made service, and had trouble getting clean towels or toilet paper. In the past I had written a good review of this hotel but I retract anything good I have ever said about Tiffany's. I expect more for 200 bucks a night.

• Liked — The View and beach access
  • Disliked — The Cleanliness and rudeness of staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank gyrenejim
North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Tiffany's is just average so that's the rating I am giving. My family flew in from Kansas and we went to Tiffany's for a couple of days for rest. We had kids with us so having a pool where the little kids wouldn't get pumbled by waves was very important to us. The hotel boasts that it has two pools. Well it doesn't. One pool is still being built and the other is under construction. The hotel also says it has a community room. Nope, that's still being built, too. The actual suite was nice. But the beds were so uncomfortable - not up to hotel standards at all. So with false advertising and uncomfortable beds, I have to give Tiffany's just an average rating.

2 Thank nybaileygirl
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry
Seaview Pier Motel
Seaview Pier Motel
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry

Been to Tiffany's Motel? Share your experiences!