“Ok, could use some updating”
Review of Tiffany's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surf City
Tiffany's Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Surf City
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We had a junior suite located across the street from the office. Pros: clean, quiet even on a weekend. Cons: really needs new beds. Mattress was very uncomfortable!
Outside lights shine right into room making it almost too light to even sleep. Carpet needs to be either cleaned or even better, replaced. Sofa needed cleaning ad well.

We had a junior suite with a kitchenette which was big enough
for two. This is your basic beach motel. Nothing great, but overall, ok. If they improved on the matresses, I would've given it a much better review. For what we paid, I expected something a little nicer. Probably won't return unless improvements are made.

• Stayed: June 2011
There are newer reviews for Tiffany's Motel

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Good military discount. The front office receptionist was very nice. Nice and quiet at night, no rowdiness or loud traffic. However, my family and I expected a more up-to-date and cleaner facility. Their internet site pics are really misleading. Our 2/2 was basically clean, but the walls and doors were dirty and in desperate need of painting. The furnishings were old, stained and out-dated. The bathroom fixtures had hard water build-up and the master bath tub was stained. On the first night of check-in, the towels were frayed and old, those got a little better the next day, but we still went out and purchased our own. There was no phone, no DVD player. I wouldn't stay there again, nor make a recommendation to my friends/family to stay there.

Room Tip: Take a vacation house, prices are about the same.
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Our son is stationed at Camp Lejeune and we stayed here in Nov. 2009 on his first deployment and thought the place was nice. Had the place to ourselves due to the winter months. When he came home in May 2011, we stayed again and this time stayed over a weekend. A whole different story, when it is busy the place is noisy. It is made out of wood so everthing echos. And the walls are paper thin and I mean PAPER THIN. You can hear normal conversation through the walls. The first time we stayed, we were on a end unit with no one next to us. Second time we stayed, we were on a end unit with someone next to us for a friday and saturday night. All we heard was slamming of drawers and doors and loud laugther. Dont stay in a unit when it is the middle unit and do not stay here when it is busy such as a weekend or summer months. We recently stayed and part of the time was a weekend in a end unit. We were hoping no one would be next to us, no luck and we heard just about everything through the walls and they stayed up till 3:30AM every night. We had very little sleep. The place is ok, does need some updating. Nice views, close to the beach, and the staff was good to us. We will stay here again, probably not because of the PAPER THIN walls. It was very annoying this time. We just lucked out the first two times. Next time we will stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Sneeds Ferry. Stayed there once before and it was a heck of alot quieter!

Reviewed May 25, 2011

I checked into Tiffany's which seemed like the longest process in the world. The front desk staff did not appear to know what they were doing. Then when I was showed my room, it was very clear that the toliet and shower had not been cleaned at all. I went back to the front desk and they hassled me because I wanted a clean room. The eventually moved me. The walls here are paper thin so you hear everything from the next room. When I went and came back on my second day the sheets had not been changed on the bed and had sand all over them after my previous trip to the beach the day before. When I left the next day I came back to an unmaid room. The bathroom was never cleaned while I was there. The towels were ripped on the edges and appeared to be very worn. The sheets were not changed until the 5th day that I was there. The floor was never vacuumed.... and after a week at the beach you can imagine how much sand there was on the floor. The cleaning staff threw out my snacks that were in the room without replacing them. The windows did not open more than 1/2". I travel all the time and have to say that I'm very disappointed with this motel. On my next trip to the beach I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Sneads' Ferry and they informed me that Tiffany's is one of the nicest motels on the island. I'm going back this coming weekend and staying at Tiffany's only becuase no one else has avaliability. The office of this motel closes at 9:00pm. They tell you about the rate specials after you've already paid in full. If I wasn't desperate I'd stay someplace else.

Room Tip: Check to make sure it's clean after check in
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank flowergirl3785
Reviewed May 24, 2011

officially the worst place I have stayed. First the nightly rate went up $60 a night from reservation to stay. Then desk clerk was short and snappy and unhelpful. She had plenty to say but could not listen to anything. Then the room. The fan did not work, the air conditioner blews across the kitchen counter, not up high like 10" above the sink. So try to wash your face or put make up on in the bathroom A joke. Then the combination to take a shower is so complicated it is posted on the back door of that bathroom door. You can feel the springs on the mattress on your back. Now I told the desk clerk I was disabled and I was still on the 2nd but really 3rd floor. On the last day, I discovered an elevator. That would have been good to know on day one from the clerk.

2  Thank leilamorris
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We had a 2 bed/2bath suite with a full kitchen. We were in town for a wedding. There was 5 of us and we ran out of hot water after 1.5 showers. They are serious about noise, so keep it down. I would stay there again, without a doubt.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Topsail Island isn't really the beach you go to if you are looking for luxury. Most rentals are weekly only and there are very few hotels on the island. We needed a last minute weekend rental, so options were pretty limited. We stayed in the "Round House" at Tiffany's Motel. Even in early May, they were totally booked.
Pros: Clean, close to a nice public beach access with bathrooms and playground. Washer/dryer on site. No bugs that we saw, but there was a nice can of Raid under the sink. Kitchen seemed pretty well equipped, but we didn't do any real cooking.
Cons: Old and very worn. The beds were horrible. I'm not picky, but I couldn't have spent a week sleeping on those beds. My husband slept on the couch because the bed was so bad. Everything desperately needs painting. Decor was minimal to non-existent. You can easily tell that it's been a rental for a very long time. The owners should really spend a night there to see what needs to be done. It was really very clean, but in major need of updating. Also, it is located right between two very busy bars, the Sand Bar and the Trailer Bar. We heard bass thumping from both well into the night and every time the Sand Bar staff dumped bottles into the trash (frequently) it sounded like it was inside the house. Also came home to ambulances and police cars lighting up the Trailer Bar one night. The outdoor shower is a nice feature, but needs repair.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surf City
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry
Seaview Pier Motel
Seaview Pier Motel
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry

Been to Tiffany's Motel? Share your experiences!