New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center

Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sunset Beach
Bolivia, North Carolina
“Last Min Fun in the Sun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We made a last min trip to our local beach, but wanted to stay the night, so we could catch the sunrise on the ocean. The front desk has a different address then on the confirmation letter, but not hard to find. The whole area is beautiful, the staff we met were amazing, very professional, & very nice. I love that even though your at the beach, you have the option to use the pool (indoor & outdoor). We will be back

Room Tip: The River Creek 2 area is nice, so are the Champion units.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank IzzysMom_27
jearlcollins, General Manager at Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We are glad you and your family decided to stop by and enjoy a brief visit at Sea Trail. Thank you for sharing your comments. We will see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

As a first-time guest, conference attendee and speaker at Sea Trails, I can honestly say we are thoroughly impressed. Once inside the grounds of Sea Trail the drive to the actual convention site was beautiful. The homes around the golf course are lovely and the sheer magnitude and granduer of this place is stunning. We were treated as royalty, the accomodations were perfect, and guest services - from the management, to front desk, to the maid service was wonderful. My husband and and I will definitely return for a non- working vacation.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a villa rather than a mini-suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and glowing review. It was a pleasure having you here, and a pleasure to host Freedom Today. We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Surf City, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband recently went to Sea Trail for a conference, and I decided to go with him as my parents once had a condo in nearby Ocean Isle Beach, and we always loved this beautiful area of coastal North Carolina. We were looking forward to staying at Sea Trail because the website makes it look like a beautiful place, and I knew my father had enjoyed playing golf on its courses. First, we checked in at night, and it was extremely confusing trying to find where we were supposed to check in. It is a huge place with lots of different sections, and though it is quite nice and beautiful, our accomodations in a mini suite were disappointing. First, on an important note, I will say that our unit was quite clean. Even the baseboards were clean. However, the unit had extremely outdated decor. Everything had some shade of brown in it. My husband felt the double bed was comfortable, but I felt the mattress was much too soft. The curtains did not operate properly. There were two remotes, but no instructions for the tv and there was equipment disconnected from it...all of it outdated. The receptacle in the dressing room was not working. The lighting was not good, and there was nowhere comfortable to sit other than the bed to watch tv. We thought we were staying where a pool would be right outside our room, but we never even saw a pool. Sunset Beach is a beautiful beach and is very close to Sea Trail so its location for golfers and beach goers is excellent. It would have been nice for the complex to have a shuttle service. Next time, we will pay to stay on Sunset Beach or at Ocean Isle Beach. The rates for a couple of nice oceanfront hotels at Ocean Isle Beach were quite reasonable and would have been well worth it especially since it was rainy. That being said, there were very nice homes in Sea Trail, and it would be a great place to have a primary or vacation home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fewunc1982
Thank you for your review. We apologize your accommodations were disappointing. Each unit at Sea Trail is individually owned so set up and decor does vary. While the smaller units provide the means for a more affordable stay, they may not be equipped with some of the luxuries our larger units have to offer. It may be beneficial when making reservations to request a larger unit, or verify the amenities and location to ensure you are getting what you expect. Although you were disappointed by that aspect, thank you for also taking the time to recognize the cleanliness of your unit in your review. We appreciate this positive feedback as well. We hope to see you again at Sea Trail!
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The receptionist was nice but that's where it ended. I checked in early because the room was unoccupied the night before. My 5 year old daughter went straight to the bathroom and started screaming. There was a 2" roach in the floor crawling around. We decided to order pizza, as I'm laying on the bed I hear a knock and before I could take 2 steps housekeeping comes barging into our room. Unannounced! I'm a single mother and it completely freaked me out. I called the front desk and they sent her supervisor to apologize. Doesn't make it any better. By the time we were ready for bed I was trying to dry our towels from a day at the beach. I opened a drawer on the dresser and I find another roach! I couldn't believe that a place that cost the same amount as an ocean front resort that I stayed at the next night was turning into the worst place I have ever stayed. Don't stay here unless you don't mind intruders in your room. All kinds!

Room Tip: I don't recommend any of there rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Kellie S
jearlcollins, Front Office Manager at Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We are sorry to hear of your negative experience at our resort. Your safety and comfort are of the utmost importance to us. Together with property maintenance, we work hard to ensure our service consistently exceeds your expectations. When this is not the case, we do our best to rectify the situation to your satisfaction. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with our usual high standards for an outstanding vacation experience.

Travelers are raving about these Sunset Beach hotels

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

we booked 1 night due to myrtle beach being sold out with no vacancies. The registration office is hard to find especially at night, bad lighting and its a huge resort with many houses and villas along winding the golf course. The address is not the REAL address of the place where you check in so our gps didn't help much and we had four other couples cruising along with us to try and find the place. calling the front desk kept going to voice mail; that should have been our first clue this was not going well, then we had a mini suite, which looked like a small double motel room, key didn't work had to drive back down and around to get another, then if you want to use the pool or jacuzzi, exercise room you have to take your pass and drive to it. Limited parking because you are not allowed to park in front of the garages for the downstairs. the room had issues very outdated the blinds were broken, the remote didn't work and we had to reconnect our own tv since it had been used previously to the vcr. called for pillows, nope didn't get any, no filters for coffee, and too pricey for what you get will never stay there again or book with orbitz since lately I have been mislead twice by them the front desk ignored our complaints and sadly I have better experiences at a motel 6. the golf courses are nice but that was about the only thing good about the whole place. will never stay there again

Room Tip: dont waste your money,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Patiricia M
jearlcollins, General Manager at Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Input such as yours is taken into serious consideration when making adjustments to our property that will best serve our guests. We are working with our owners to ensure the quality of all units meet the demands of our visitors. We are sorry for the disappointment you experienced during your brief visit and hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Statesville, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed for three nights in a one room villa in the Royale Palms section of the resort. First of all, this property is absolutely huge. Multiple golf courses are surrounded throughout by condos, suites, and villas. Most villas seem to be individually owned. Unfortunately, my review is infulenced by the fact that I stayed in a villa that has been neglected over the past decade. I say decade only because of the outdated color schemes and electronics in the apartment. Normally my reviews aren't influenced by such things, but the very small televisions in the bedroom and living area were both non-flat screen and made smaller by the required letterbox format. To further age the villa, the TV in the living room was still attached to a VCR.

The maintenance of the villa came into question as the week went on. Each day, the bed was made--but each day my towels were not replaced and I had to call to get more delivered. Out of the five lamps in the villa, only two actually came equipped with lightbulbs (of which only one worked). Notes were left about this...but the notes were left unanswered.

Fortunately, this resort does have its high-spots in its convention facilities. This was a business trip, and the conference/banquet areas were newly updated or built with wonderful promenades and scenic areas abound. In addition, the food each night was five-star--something that isn't often seen at a convention resort!

Overall, the resort just needs some updating. I hold my review to an unfortunate room selection, as I was able to see in other rooms in other buildings as I visited colleagues and they were of *much* higher quality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Chad E
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments help us improve on our weaknesses as well as our strengths. While your report indicates you were generally satisfied with your visit, it is important to us that every aspect of your stay exceeds your expectations. We continue to work with our owners to improve each unit, which includes updated furnishings and modern electronics. Whether you return on business or for pleasure, we hope you will visit our resort again soon.
Kannapolis, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I recently spent a week at the Sea Trail Resort in Sunset Beach, NC for a conference. I stayed in a one bedroom villa in the Champions which has it's on pool and a very short walk to the conference center. It felt like a home away from home. If you're a golfer this would be this a great place to be! It's only a 5 minute drive to the beach and you have Myrtle Beach just 30 minutes away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunset Beach
Ocean Reef Resort
Ocean Reef Resort
#18 of 216 in Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,944 reviews

Been to Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!