“The Sunset Inn - lovely!”
Review of The Sunset Inn

The Sunset Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Sunset Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We celebrated my birthday weekend with a two-night stay in the Vesta Room, a corner room. The room had all of the amenities I wanted: a nice screened porch overlooking the marsh, a decent sized bathroom with a shower and jetted tub, and a small refrigerator to hold our bottled beverages and ice packs. Cynthia was the hostess who warmly greeted us and showed us all the room amenities, including how to work the TV. The breakfast was satisfying with enough variety in hot and cold items to meet our needs. The place has a feel of gracious and welcoming Southern hospitality that even this born and bred North Carolinian recognizes as special.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
TheSunsetInn, Front Office Manager at The Sunset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We are so glad you had a great birthday!! Thank you for speaking so highly of our dear Cynthia, she is a gem, and we are very lucky to have her. We try very hard to continually show courtesy and hospitality and it is nice to know that it is recognized. Please come and see us again, Thank you!!

There are newer reviews for The Sunset Inn

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We chose Sunset Beach on the basis of other TripAdvisor reviews, and it was a great choice. This was for a 5th anniversary trip. We were warmly greeted by Courtney, who showed us our room and pointed out all the features. (Great techy control of the room temperatures!). Stocked with a small fridge, nice TV with many channels, lots of towels (thank you!). But you won't be watching TV as the individual patio views are stunning to wake up to, overlooking the marshes. Andrea, the manager, served up tasty breakfasts with lots of variety, and warmth and charm. The biggest sell to me was the binder of information they have assembled for each guest room. Visitors will not be at a loss for any needed information. Restaurants, attractions, even what to do on rainy days (which are probably seldom). She also helped arrange a sunset kayak trip we took which was breathtaking. Our next-to-last day there, plans fell through for a dolphin excursion, but Andrea was at the ready with a great brief road trip suggestion to a nearby quaint town. I can't say enough about our visit there, only that we will most definitely be back. Thank you again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have excellent views. We stayed in the Scotch Bonnet room on the third floor and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely comments about the Inn and our staff., as always we truly appreciate it :).
It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary and we hope you choose to spend many more here at The Sunset Inn with us. We try hard to make sure you have the information you need to have the best trip possible and we are always ready to help with scheduling of activities, hopefully next time your dolphin excursion will go off without a hitch!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband, best friends and I were there the first weekend of august to celebrate my birthday and I cannot think of one thing to make it better! Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. We rented bikes, they arranged it, they booked a twilight kayak tour for us (highly recommend). The breakfast was great. The view of the marshes was beautiful watching the tide go in and out. Saw turtle nests, awesome birthday! We will definately be returning!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TammyCS444
TheSunsetInn, General Manager at The Sunset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Sounds like you had the perfect birthday with family and friends. Thank you so much for choosing to spend it here at the Inn and in beautiful Sunset Beach. Glad you got to take advantage of all there is to see and do on the island. Next time I hope you can see the sea turtles hatching. It is a sight to see from anywhere from the end of July through October. We would love to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed in the Hatteras Room. The room was a nice size. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was also a nice size. It has a jacuzzi and and a shower with a sink and vanity in the bathroom. The room was well maintained. The management goes above and beyond to maintain the rooms. I loved the porch with a swing and two rocking chairs. Whenever I was not on the beach I was on the porch, swinging and reading. I saw a picture on the inn on line. I did notice the marsh. I came prepared with OFF and OFF clip on insect repellent, I didn't need any of it. As mentioned in other reivews the staff was very friendly and accomodating. We had a little problem with the lock to the room. Even though it did work my husband was concerned it was on the verge of not working. They replaced the lock immediately. My daughter in law wanted to send us a gift to the room. When she called the Inn they were very, very helpful in making suggestions. I will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose P

We appreciate your comments about the Inn and the staff. The Hatteras Grand Room is one of our most popular rooms and as you mentioned you can't beat that porch and view. It is a great place to sit and watch the sunsets every evening. We would love to have you visit us again anytime!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Sunset Inn to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. We were looking for a place at the beach but didn't want to shell out the big bucks for a condo during season. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. We stayed in the Old Baldy room which had a great view of the marsh. The continental breakfast was served buffet style which was nice as we chose to sleep in. The inn was just about 1/4 mile from the beach which was not very crowded considering it was prime vacation season. Overall it was a very nice place and I look forward to visiting The Sunset Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis J

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for such a special occasion as well. Old Baldy is a great room especially when you are celebrating an Anniversary. We are happy you enjoyed your visit, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We've been visiting Sunset for over 25 years and have always stayed in a house with extended family. This year we had too many people for 2 houses but not enough for 3 so we stayed at the Inn. It was perfect! Totally worth the price. The breakfast had just enough to keep us both satisfied well into the afternoon, and the room was always clean and tidy when we came back no matter if it was early or late afternoon. All of the staff was friendly and courteous and knew every guest by name. We stayed in the Bermuda room on the upper level and barely heard any of our neighbors. We look forward to staying here again if the need arises.

Room Tip: Recommend top floor so you don't have to worry about noisy footsteps above you
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Christine B

Thank you for your kind words about the staff and your stay with us here. We were happy to have you and glad it worked out for you and your growing family. We will be here next year if the need arises or whenever you want to come for a getaway to beautiful Sunset Beach!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my first stay at The Sunset Inn, but it will not be my last. I was in the Magnolia room and the attention to detail was impressive. I loved the screened porch, so very private and comfortable. I found the breakfast to be very filling. I have special diet needs and I was worried that I would not be able to find anything to eat, but I found they had everything I needed.

The staff were very gracious and helpful. But I have to give special thanks to the housekeeper. Sadly I can't remember her name, but she did a wonderful job keeping the room clean. It's amazing how she can keep the room clean with all the sand that is dragged in from the beach. We came in from the beach one day and in a whirlwind we got cleaned up and had to meet family for lunch. We left the room in a mess of sand and towels, but when we got back to the room after lunch the room was spotless!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dee B

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast even with special dietary needs. Please don't hesitate to tell us ahead of time on your next visit and let us know if we can get anything special for you. Thank you for complimenting Yesenia our housekeeper. She works so very hard and we could not run this place without her. We know how very lucky we are to have her. We will be sure to let her know how much you appreciated her during your stay. Come back anytime!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunset Beach
Days Inn Shallotte
Days Inn Shallotte
#1 of 3 in Shallotte
Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River

Been to The Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!