“Beautiful day, wonderful kayak tour”

Summertide Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Serving all of Brunswick Co. Out of OIB with Sunset Beach, North Carolina Kayak Tours, kayak rentals, kayak fishing. Charter fishing trips and Sunset Cruises. Retail kayaks and accessories.
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Our group of four (two adults, two teens) took the four hour bird island tour with Kari. It was wonderfully relaxing. We were not on the water the whole time, Kari took us to a beach for shelling and then down a little creek where we saw fiddler crabs. Best day of our vacation. The 15-year-old said "this is cool" several times so it really must be. Kari is very knowledgeable about the area, the shells and birds, and made sure we went home with some great shells. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Popspriscilla
There are newer reviews for Summertide Adventure Tours

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I highly rec fishing with Summertide Adv Tours (Rip). Had a fantastic time on the water and plan to book again on our next visit. I'm positive the kayak tours would be first rate as well.

1  Thank Karl M
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Rip took me out in November. Fishing was great. Rip grew up at Sunset and is very knowledgable about the island and waterway. I'm addition to finding fish, he taught a relative newbie to coastal kayak fishing a lot. Many guides don't do that. All in all an enjoyable day and a great way to experience Sunset Beach.

1  Thank BrianHungerford
Reviewed October 18, 2013

thanks Kari and Greg. We had a group of 10 from Ohio on the Bird Island Trip and it was great. The trip was so interesting and well lead. Friendly guides who knew the creeks. Loved hiking to Kindred Spirits mailbox. I would highly recommend it to anyone

1  Thank Andrea R
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was definitely the highlight of our trip. Other guests at the B&B we were at suggested kayaking, and our B&B host suggested Summertide. The rest was easy! Cari called me shortly after to let me know when the next opening was and to go over all needed details. We chose a twilight kayak (neither my husband nor I had kayak'ed before). We went with two other couples; Cari and Greg were consummate hosts on the trip, as easy-going and friendly as could be. They thoroughly explained how the evening would go, and encouraged questions from us all during. They kayaked along with (Cari taking the lead, and Greg circling the back). We went around several channels in the marsh area surrounding Sunset Beach, for a float that was about 2 hours long. Cari also took pictures of the group during, and emailed them later to us. What a memorable activity! And reasonably priced for how thoroughly enjoyable it was. We are motivated to seek out other kayak opportunities now when we travel, but the bar has been raised very high with the great time we had with Summertide.

3  Thank pegpaw