“Great Food, Reasonably priced” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fibber McGees
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Sunset Beach
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual Upscale Dining
Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Reasonably priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have had great meals each evening since arriving at OIB last week.. However, Fibber McGees has become our favorite. We had dinner twice since our arrival 5 days ago at OIB. My husband ordered the Bistro Steak and said it was absolutely the best steak he had ever tasted. Perfectly seasoned, juicy, and tender. The crab soup was also outstanding. I ordered an appetizer of pan seared scallops and the seafood salad as my main course. The scallops were light, perfectly seared and seasoned, and very flavorful. The seafood salad was awesome! The salad had minimal mayo, very flavorful and uniquely seasoned. It was the best seafood salad I have ever had! I intend to attempt to duplicate the flavors after I return home.
We will definitely make this one of our favorites to dine while in the area!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ddoub

St. Louis, Missouri
“The best scallops ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

By far, Fibber McGees has the best scallops ever!!! So savory. Loved the outdoor seating, dog-friendly patio, and great food portions.

One of our favorite stops while on vacation.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank midwestscubagal
Asheville, North Carolina
“Fibbing McManager”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I came in with several friends and were greeted by several young ladies. They were very gracious and helpful with specials and they sat us outside. We were joklng around with the server, Cathy, and told her we would like to see if the manager looked like the picture of "Fibber McGee" on the front of the menu, She pointed out the manager, which was sitting several tables away having a drink with some friends. We laughed and told her there was no need to bother him, we were just kidding around. About an hour later I went inside to use the bathroom and took a look around the inside. Having been to Ireland, I saw several pictures that intrigued me. On my way back to my table I walked by the manager's table, I complimented him on his restaurant and inquired about several pictures in the bar. He laughed out loud and said "How the hell would I know, I'm Jewish!" The whole table laughed at me, one of them spitting there beer out he was so taken by the joke.
I figured they had imbibed the last several hours and were in no shape to face customers, I went back to my table told them the joke... just in case there was something funny that I had missed. We decided it was time to go since it was no laughing matter. The funny thing is that we won't be back.
Once again I would like to thank Cathy for her great service!

5 Thank Morcheen R
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food at a good price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had four different items off the menu and all were excellent. My son's steak was great. The French Dip was best my wife and sister-in-law ever had.

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Very nice Pub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Small, but set up well. Good variety on the menu. Staff was very helpful making decisions, and overall very friendly.