“Nice place... but small” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fibber McGees
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Sunset Beach
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual Upscale Dining
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Nice place... but small”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Overlooking the golf course, this is a nice little place in Sunset Beach. I say small because we came with 7 and there were not a lot of big tables. There were two and they were in a room next to the kitchen and bathrooms and windows with no shades at sundown. So the glare/brightness was a little overwhelming, but the food was actually pretty good.

It's an irish place so they have the typical fare. I had a prime rib sandwich and it was good. It was cold, and thats not what I was expecting, but it was still fabulous. I tried some of their chicken nuggets and they were good, the shepherd's pie was good, and the crab cake sandwich was good as well.

So would I go back? Definitely if I had 4 or fewer people or I was next door playing golf. The prices were reasonable and the food was good. The desserts sounded great too but I was too stuffed to eat anything else!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We arrived right before close and we were still served with a friendly demeanor. The food was good. We will be returning.

North Carolina
“Great Spot after Golfing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've visited Fibber McGees many times, usually after a round of golf. It's a pub style bar/restaurant. The interior is cozy with TV showing sports. The kitchen has many specials often based on fresh caught seafood. The food is excellent, better than many "seafood" restaurants. The specials are also innovative with items like "seafood pot pie". I've always received friendly and prompt service. I'm amazed how they can turn out such great food from the tiny kitchen. They have many brews on tap and a full bar. Outside seating, and easy parking.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Couldn't find a thing wrong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

And that's a mouth full because I'm a real pain in the you know what when it comes to service and food quality. Everything was great and I will return anytime i'm in the area!!!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Wonderful food, wonderful service and wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We recently visited Fibber McGrees in Sunset Beach, NC with a group of six people from all over the country. Three people had the shrimp burger and rated it excellent. One had the ahi tuna which lwas prepared well and tasted just as good. I thoroughly enjoyed my crab cake burger which was moist and very tasty. Prior to our lunch we enjoyed three appetizers which were also good. Service by Dana was very efficient and she was quite personable. The bar area was pleasant and the outside patio was spacious and well planned. The women's restroom was so clean and well maintained. All in all a wonderful experience.