Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Golf

Excellent 27 holes of golf and impressive clubhouse. Staff is friendly and practice facility quite... read more

Reviewed October 2, 2018
Rod J
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
golf outing

Golf course is back to great shape after a terrible winter in which had a big impact on the... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2018
spirittraveler2018
Sunset Beach, North Carolina

All reviews bag drop in great shape pro shop tee times range balls local courses house is beautiful brunswick county rolled true fairways and greens fun layout practice facility grounds crew beverage cart cameron nines guys
Reviewed October 27, 2016

There for a wedding and helped get everything ready. The service was amazing and the food was really good. The wedding planner was exceptional!

Date of experience: October 2016
Jamie R, General Manager at Thistle Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

Thank you Donna for the kind words. I have passed your comments on to my Event staff. You and your team deserve praise as well...everything looked beautiful.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

I think that The Thistle is one of the premier golf courses on the Grand Strand. I live here and I've played at least 50 of the area's 90 + courses, so I have something to compare this course to. The clubhouse looks like an exclusive country club facility, and the restaurant is excellent. The course is challenging but fair, and always very well maintained. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank joanneo602

Thank you Joanne. Being local, you have a bunch of golf courses to chose from. We are honored you continue to support Thistle. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2016

Best course on the Grand Strand. Imaculate greens. Always in perfect condition. Top notch clubhouse & restaurant. Staff is second to none.

Date of experience: October 2016

Bruce, thank you for your comments. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our entire staff. Don't be a stranger, come back soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

Had friends in from out of town. I have been raving about how nice The Thistle is. When we were talking about where to play, there was no doubt where the guys wanted to play. I must admit I was a little nervous that I had over hyped the course and we just got crushed with a hurricane. With the exception of a few downed trees you would never know the course just went thru the storm. There were no cart restrictions or anything. The course was immaculate and manicured to a T as usual. They were absolutely blown away. And this group of guys have played some nice courses. Thistle thanks for offering up perfect conditions as usual.

Date of experience: October 2016

Josh, first off, thanks for bringing your friends to our facility....I hope they enjoyed the Thistle experience. Also, thanks for understanding and taking into consideration the Hurricane that passed through here a couple days prior to your tee time. Our team worked extremely hard getting the course back in pristine condition. Come visit again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

I went there with no prior knowledge of this course and never heard of it before this golf trip.

All I can say is 'wow', this place is special. So, special we even saw a gentlemen spreading some ashes of his best friend who had recently passed and called Thistle Golf Club his favorite. That brought some tears to the eyes. And we agreed it was special!

You drive into a beautiful complex with nice houses. The bag drop and clubhouse are top notch with the attendant at bag drop and the person at check in being very efficient, personable and kind.

The carts were great and the amenities of the clubhouse and restaurant perfect. Simply an awesome experience from the moment you arrive til the moment you depart Thistle.

They have three nines and our 18 was on MacKay and Cameron. Everything was pristine with some perfect rolling greens. The tee boxes, the fairways, the greens, the design, I mean everything was so nice! And everyone there was so nice; great customer service. There was water and sand and a lot of green, perfectly manicured grass. We saw an alligator and several different birds. There was forced carries over marshy areas and some straight up shots; there was a little bit of everything except blind shots as everything was put right there in front of you.

Also, we wanted to play the other nine as well to play all 27 and that was at no charge due to playing the previous 18. Awesome! And Stewart was wonderful as well! Not a bad nine of hole on the place.

I cannot say enough about this place and I urge you to add it to your itinerary; you will not regret it.

Enjoy Thistle Golf Club in Sunset Beach!

Date of experience: October 2016
Jamie R, General Manager at Thistle Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

On behalf of the entire staff at Thistle Golf Club, we would like to thank you Bandit2118 for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed the Thistle experience, and hope to see you and your group back on the property in the near future. Please visit our website, www.thistlegolf.com, for discounted rates and available golf packages.