“Local Legend Lives Up to Reputation”

Twin Lakes By The Sea
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Sunset Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: After 46 years, Ronnie and Clarice Holden decided it was time to share their love of Twin Lakes with their friends, The Watkins. In February of 2017 they began the new Twin Lakes By The Sea and it started to evolve into a year round restaurant with a southern flair added to it with some of Alysa's competition winning dishes added to the new menu. Now guests from all over the country can still get the best in Carolina cuisine with the Southern hospitality (coastal style) ...come add a little paradise to your evening at Twin Lakes By The Sea...where sunsets are always complimentary. Come dine on our new outdoor deck! Now open for lunch.
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I needed to applaud Twin Lakes for their ongoing commitment to quality food and a cozy local atmosphere. Every guest is treated with the delightful southern charm so prolific in Sunset Beach and the food is a treat with every visit.
If we ever desire an easy going but special dinner out Twin Lakes is a choice local favorite.
Several weeks ago I enjoyed the petite fish of the day with a wonderful pineapple salsa. Last week I had a hearty ribeye with rice.
I was even delightfully surprised by the key lime pie! Generally I do not enjoy citrus flavored sweets, however this is a dense almost cheesecake type of pie. It was fantastic and I was pleased to have "stepped out" of my prejudices!
Plus this Restraunt is always running a fun special or tasty new option! Lots to love at Twin Lakes!

1  Thank Hawaiianhenos

Reviewed April 18, 2014

After reading very good reviews, my husband and I were really looking forward to an awesome dinner. We had an awesome view, but awesome dinner? Not so much. On the positive side, we really enjoyed the hushpuppies! We ordered a bowl of clam chowder to start. I was expecting fresh, homemade soup. What we got was soup right out of a can. Awful! Then our salads came. I couldn't even finish my salad. It had no flavor at all. The dressing, ranch, had no flavor. How can a salad be bad? Mine was. I ordered Shrimp and Grits for my main entrée. I could not believe it when it was brought out. These were not creamy stone-ground grits. Just by looking at it, I could see that it was made with water and 5 minute quick grits. I've ordered Shrimp and Grits from many different restaurants and this by far was the worst. I was not expecting to be served this at a restaurant that comes so highly recommended, with a chef on the deans list that graduated from a culinary institute! They were supposed to smoked gouda grits. They had absolutely no flavor at all! My husband ordered them as a side dish and couldn't even eat them. I didn't finish my meal either. My husband ordered the salmon for his entrée. It was just okay. We've had better salmon that we made ourselves from Harris Teeter grocery store. Because we both ordered the petite size portions for our entrees, we were surprised that we each got a free slice of Key Lime Pie. I have to say, that was actually very good. Overall, I kept wondering if this restaurant was under new management? This food could not possibly be made or even approved by such an acclaimed chef! It's pretty sad when the best part of my meal was the baked potato! And way too much food! We were not expecting salads. On the menu it says that they are extra. I wouldn't have ordered a bowl of soup if I knew that salad was included. We weren't expecting pie either. It seemed as if this restaurant was trying to make up for quality of food with quantity of food. We will never go back to this restaurant and we will not recommend it to others.

1  Thank Dawn W
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Half price appetizers on the bar during happy hour. We pigged out. Great! Bartender Phil makes killer margaritas. Ambiance warm, service excellent.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hush puppies are wonderful if you like them
The crab cakes are served in shells and sometimes are wonderful.
Our guests have liked the fish of the day.
Sometimes we like it and sometimes we have not liked the food.

1  Thank Mary A
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Our Bed and Breakfast recommended Twin Lakes and we weren't disappointed. An added plus is their senior citizen dinners or you can get some of the regular entrée's in a petite portion.