“Been going for years”
Review of Crabby Oddwaters

Crabby Oddwaters
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Sunset Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Now open at 5:00 PM Tuesday thru Saturday. Come enjoy all our fresh seafood favorites! Established in 1981 as Bill's Seafood Market proving only the freshest local seafood. In 1990, Crabby Oddwaters Restaurant was added to the property providing those same fresh seafood items from our market. Crabby's is a full service restaurant and bar offering something for everyone. Operated seasonally, open 7 nights a week from Memorial Day to Labor Day .
Laurel, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Been going for years”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is a favorite restaurant in our family. We love to get the steam pots! We went this evening, and had great service. Lauren was our waitress, and was attentive and our food came pretty quick. The hush puppies, served while you're waiting, were delicious. The hamburger (from the kids menu) was ok... but I opted to go for the shrimp and scallops this time instead of the steam pot, and did not regret it. Yummy! My husband got the steam pot, and was quite happy with it, and my mom got the the grouper and said it was good as well. My mom and I followed dinner with some of their key lime pie, which, while almost full, I couldn't stop eating till it was gone. Overall, a great experience at a restaurant I've been going to since I was young, but that I haven't been able to make it back to in about 5 years.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kristin H

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good food for the price”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My family loves to eat here when we are at Sunset Beach. The stream pot is a good value and enough food for two. I love the shrimp burger as it tastes very close to bang bang shrimp. I order it without the roll so I get the full favor of the shrimp. Service is hit or miss depending on how busy the restaurant is

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cratsley
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“You can find better food and service than what this place offers”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

There are so many good seafood restaurants in the Sunset Beach area but this is not one of them. Was if awful … no. If was just a very frustrating dining experience that had me scratching my head.

The four of us ordered two appetizers of Oysters Rockefeller. It was their special that night. Twenty minuets later only one order arrived. The waitress then informed us that the chef only had enough for one order. The waitress never told us or we would have made an additional appetizer selection. When we ordered our dinner we were told they were all out of the coleslaw that was included with our meals. We were not offered any substitute. One person we were with wanted to substitute French fries with a side salad and was charged $5. Just thought this was a little excessive.

The place is dated and is in need of a facelift. The waitress was nice but dining experience was not. We all thought the food was acceptable but the service left a bad taste in our mouth.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ti2m
Gatesville, North Carolina
“GREAT CRABCAKES”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Really great crabcakes with both a horseradish and a remoualde sauce
that where both outstanding and a great corn pudding

• Visited September 2013
“Awful service”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Let me start by saying I have never posted a review about anything. Movie, restaurant or hotel... Upon arrival the host/waitress/bartender seated us and said they were out of oysters. Ok it happens. When she left I noticed other patrons looked a little impatient and unhappy. But we had already comitted. Ordered calamari, a bucket of seafood and shrimp for my daughter. All the food was brought out before we got our hush puppies or my water. I had to ask the manager for those. Our waitress brought our bucket but no plates. When I said something about poor service I was given the short staff excuse. I have worked in restaurants before and being short staffed is no excuse for poor service. It wasn't that busy. I would've understood everything being a little slower but no plates? Even after I spoke with the manager service didn't improve as I didn't recieve a refill of my water until I went and asked. I don't want 10% off($5 big whoop) or some pie I would like you to fix the problems with service. Will not be returning and will tell all friends and family to dine elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013