“IT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO STAY CONSIDERING IT'S ONLY 40 DOLLARS TO STAY”

Brookwood Inn Statesville
Brookwood Inn Statesville
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I Don't think that all these reviews are accurate.....when i stayed here i did not see any bugs.....nor was there peeling paint...and the toliet flushed just fine....the room was clean...I had a great stay and the breakfast was ok considering how much you pay to stay there.....its not as bad as these people are stateing on this site....i would stay again when i go there in the future...And the staff were very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank LovelyGirl_69
There are newer reviews for Brookwood Inn Statesville

Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed a half hour in room , after being advised to save by paying cash. Musty smell , so started Ac when arrived , tried my computer to see if wifi - worked, when nats started to fly all around . every thing felt sticky and dirty. When I went to service desk and said I would not be able to get a good night sleep here and asked for a refund. Told manger had to ok, a Mr Om Abrole said nothing was wrong with room and their policy was no refunds after 15 minutes . I became very upset and now knew why they want you to pay in cash. I would highly recommend NEVER to consider this place ( This is the closest to Roach hotel i have ever seen)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank vollybill
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I organized a group of 26 golfers to stay here on the way home after a golf trip to SC. The place was an embarrassment to me sice I organized the trip. After checking in and then visiting ther rooms, 8 people of our group demanded their money back and stayed else where. Another room had a wet bed and water on the floor. They had to be relocated. Everyone complained about the dirty and unswept carpet. Bath tubs had been repainted and were peeling, with loose paint and many sights for bacteria to grow. The sheets on my bed were so worn and dirty lookiong that I slept with my clothes on and changed in the morning. We should get a refund. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank alcoa98
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Stayed here twice this year, both times rooms where OK. Showers where awesome. Beds OK. you gota remember under 50 bucks the room is'nt the Ritz. . But it gets the job done! . Could impove on the Breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank WholesaleBob
Reviewed July 1, 2009

After a very long day on the road I stopped at this nightmare. I had stayed there several years ago and found it OK. Cheap but OK.

This time I paid for 2 rooms. None of the door locks worked, so I asked the distracted desk clerk for 2 more rooms. The locks on those rooms did not work either. I went down back down and wanted a refund but again the breathing and moving, but otherwise unavailable, desk clerk was not to be found. I did meet a couple that paid for a week and were given a dirty room. I also met a young man that was art in motion. That is I had a hard time finding natural colored skin for all the "TATS". He proudly informed me that he "WURRRRKED HERRRRR" and that all the locks WURKED. As he proudly slurred in his best North Carolina lingo, "ALLLLL yewwww haf tu du izzz tern the little nob on the dore"
Great now am I not only a liar but I am incompetent. .

There is a sign taped to the counter with fade yellow tape that warns
"NO REFUNDS AFTER FIFTEEN MINUTES -
NO REFUNDS TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON IF YOUI LIVE WITHIN 50 MILES"
Maybe the locals already know about this place.

I was refunded the money from the desk creature after she made a few comments about my attitude. Imagine being a paying traveling customer on the road, tired and pulling into a hole like this and the company representative tells you that "She doesn't appreciate your attitude" I guess she must live a pig pen with no doors.

NEVERMORE quoth the raven

As of this writing my refund has not been posted to my account so I am contacting the NC Atty Gen and filing a complaint. The Red Roof Inn at this same exit was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank airman333
Reviewed March 26, 2009

My wife and I were driving to Savannah from Ohio and wanted to make as much progress as possible after leaving one evening. We drove until I started to get tired, and pulled off in Statesville about 1:30am. The hotel had a room for us, for a cheap rate, and the front desk clerk was friendly if a little slow. The room was pretty gross, and I was hesitant to even set my bags down on the floor. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and sat only about 16 inches off the ground. I kept expecting bugs to crawl on me, or someone to stab me in the night. Neither happened (as far as I can tell), so hooray. We were back on the road after a few hours fitful sleep, so I guess it did the job. Starbucks right there for morning coffee.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trav3loh
Reviewed July 12, 2008

at first i thought it would be ok then the second day i took towels down to get fresh one and they say they didnt have them done yet then i went back later to get them and they had none to give so we had know towels, the housekeepers are nasty attitude and then the beds are terrible my sons back was so bad after sleep on their beds that i had to spend an extra 100. to take him to urgent care. then we left there early and i accidentally left our swim suit on the back of the door and i call there to let them know about it within 2 hrs and when i went back to get them they had thrown them in the trash so i had to get them from the trash. nice huh!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sue3829