“Not clean, actually nasty” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brookwood Inn Statesville

Brookwood Inn Statesville
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Statesville
Brookwood Inn Statesville
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Lady Lake, Florida
“Not clean, actually nasty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

My daughters and I stayed at the Brookwood dating back to probably 2008. Each year, it got worse. It has become so unclean. There is a nursing facility nearby where my dad is, so it was convenient for us. We finally stopped last year. We reserved a N / S room, arrived late at night and was told all they had was smoking. What was the purpose on my reservation I asked. Of course, no one knew. Needless to say, we left and never returned. They also advertise continental breakfast. That is the biggest joke. It's worth it to spend $3 - $5 more and enjoy your rest.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank tbryn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

When we first stayed ther 2 years ago, it was ok for the money. Then the accomodations just got worse. We stayed ther 5 times as we had a card that said our 6th night was free. We went to stay there this year and were refused. They said it had been changed to 6 nights, and they would not stamp a card 5 times for us and use this years as the 6th. Every year something was wrong but we gave the benifet of the doubt and stayed there. The owner was a pig and so was his cleaning staff. Would not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank badToronto

Travelers are raving about these Statesville hotels

San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

Not the Hilton, but when you are traveling with your pets the Hilton won't let you in the door. This place was comfortable for the price. It is an older place, has a continental breakfast till 9am and coffee all day. Management was really helpful, and the staff was good.

I will return on my next business trip definately.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Liberty4Free
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

I Don't think that all these reviews are accurate.....when i stayed here i did not see any bugs.....nor was there peeling paint...and the toliet flushed just fine....the room was clean...I had a great stay and the breakfast was ok considering how much you pay to stay there.....its not as bad as these people are stateing on this site....i would stay again when i go there in the future...And the staff were very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LovelyGirl_69
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed a half hour in room , after being advised to save by paying cash. Musty smell , so started Ac when arrived , tried my computer to see if wifi - worked, when nats started to fly all around . every thing felt sticky and dirty. When I went to service desk and said I would not be able to get a good night sleep here and asked for a refund. Told manger had to ok, a Mr Om Abrole said nothing was wrong with room and their policy was no refunds after 15 minutes . I became very upset and now knew why they want you to pay in cash. I would highly recommend NEVER to consider this place ( This is the closest to Roach hotel i have ever seen)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank vollybill
pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

I organized a group of 26 golfers to stay here on the way home after a golf trip to SC. The place was an embarrassment to me sice I organized the trip. After checking in and then visiting ther rooms, 8 people of our group demanded their money back and stayed else where. Another room had a wet bed and water on the floor. They had to be relocated. Everyone complained about the dirty and unswept carpet. Bath tubs had been repainted and were peeling, with loose paint and many sights for bacteria to grow. The sheets on my bed were so worn and dirty lookiong that I slept with my clothes on and changed in the morning. We should get a refund. Don't stay there.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank alcoa98
Avon Lake
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

Stayed here twice this year, both times rooms where OK. Showers where awesome. Beds OK. you gota remember under 50 bucks the room is'nt the Ritz. . But it gets the job done! . Could impove on the Breakfast.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business