“Work in progress”
Review of Ramada Statesville

Ramada Statesville
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Had we not pre-paid I would have turned around on seeing the building site that is the lobby.
This property, as previously stated is in the throes of a major makeover - despite appearances the manager thinks all should have been completed by mid-July.
Last week the lobby was in turmoil, the restaurant and pool closed.
What it did have was very comfortable beds, good PROPERLY IRONED (this must be a first for this grade of hotel in USA and a real treat) bed linen and good towels.. Food was served in the noisy sports bar and my husband said his reasonably priced steak was good.
As previously stated we found the breakfast awful but then 'biscuits & gravy' do nothing for us. Probably best to pay a few $ more and eat elsewhere. The rooms are a good size and, in view of the ongoing building clean but appeared to have been furnished rather than designed. There is a 'fridge and, I guess will be a microwave although the one in our room was not fitted.
The property is conveniently located off the freeway.
When completed it could be a good find - try it & see!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travguy
Rocky N, General Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for write your opinion about your recent stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments (thank you for your nice comments about our linen's). By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you're helping us to offer a better experience for you and other guests in the future.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor. I hope that you will enjoy again in your next stay in Statesville with us.

come and see us after the renovations are done.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Statesville

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Great rooms, nice little bar and good food!!! What else can u ask for. They are remodeling but they apologize for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: July 2011

thak you for your review and for recognizing the good value in choosing our hotel, We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

When I checked in, the staff was friendly and polite. The room was clean and smelled fresh. There is some renovation going on, but its not very inconvenient. I think more hotels should put some time and money into renovating. If you're looking for a clean and reasonable place to stay, I recommend this Ramada.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank mhanson873
Rocky N, General Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you found our hotel friendly and welcoming!

Please know that we are in the process of updating several areas of the hotel that you mentioned, including the lobby, lounge, restaurant and public hallways. We do pride ourselves on the service that we offer our guests and the cleanliness of our property. We hope that when you return to Statesville we are first on your list of hotels.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Having traveled many times from Florida to New York and vice versa, I have chose this hotel for many reasons. Great customer service in all departments from your check in to your housekeeping.It surprises me when I read negative reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel. I must have stayed here 15-20 times even when it was an old Holiday Inn. The new owners have come in and started their work already. They have their remodeling in process, and can't wait for it to be finished! Not only that, they have new linens, refrigerators, new pillows, and it looks like the housekeeping are doing a really great job (really clean rooms!) Their complimentary breakfast is a continental breakfast, with biscuit and gravy, and waffles included. I must add, it's all fresh! The restaurant, customer service, and the steak served was awesome, makes a change from all your commercial restaurants. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: For $10 more, get a business king.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Rocky N, General Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Ramada Statesville. I was pleased to read all of your positive comments regarding the Hotel and staff. We take all of the comments we get on Trip Advisor and use them as a training tool for our staff. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to fill out the review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

This is an older hotel that is going through a remodel. The lobby is Being remodeled, the area that our room was in showed no evidence of remodeling. The area does not seem the safest, I wouldn't recommend straying too far from your room. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was nothing special, if you want more than cold cereal and stale pastries and toast, you will eat elsewhere. I wouldn't stay there again. The price charged does not match the value offered.

• Stayed: May 2012

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We are also actively seeking suggestions from our guests to continually improve our breakfast presentation to meet the likes and needs of our clientele. While we have added many new food items to our Breakfast, we are always listening to our guests regarding what they would like to see on the Breakfast. Ramada has standards that we must follow but we can also add items if our guests ask for them.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This place is under extensive renovation but is clean and well-managed by new ownership. It is nicely landscaped, with a pool and garden in center court. We asked for a different room because somebody had been smokng in a non-smoking room. The second room was quite acceptable, with a new ceiling and fresh-painted walls. Good AC, refrigerator and microwave. Other furnishings adequate-to-very good. Good linens.Newly renovated bath. New TV. The complimentary breakfast was well-managed in spacious, pleasant surroundings. Fresh food arrived as needed. The coffee was excellent. One nice touch. Plastic flatware came from a dispenser; no fishing through a basket. This place pays attention to detail.

Room Tip: As renovation continues, this Ramada should become even more pleasant.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Ramada Statesville. I was pleased to read all of your positive comments regarding the Hotel and staff. We take all of the comments we get on Trip Advisor and use them as a training tool for our staff. I hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Statesville.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

On the final leg of our lengthy vaction, we chose Statesville, NC, because it was approximatedy three hours from our home--a decent, liesurely drive on up I-77. We chose the Ramada Inn based on their reputation and because we were getting tired of eating out of restaurants. They promised a "free" breakfast including scrambled eggs and breakfast meats. They delivered on neither. We got hard boiled eggs and burnt biscuits instead (the gravy was pretty good). Basically the breakfast was pretty much what you'd find in any such hotel--quite continental.

I found the hotel on the Internet and called. The rate they offered on the phone was significantly higher than that of their own website. When I mentioned this, I was told, "the rates are always higher over the phone." So, I went back to their website and made our reservations at the lower rate. Is this any way to run a hotel? This Ramada was being remodeled and renovated (completion date, end of June, 2012), mostly the lobby and pool (which was closed). That we could live with. Neither effected our stay.

We asked for and got a room with a king bed for $67 including taxes. The room was comfortable, clean, and roomy, though one would think, with only one (albeit somewhat larger) bed, the resulting extra space would be outfitted with extra furniture. It wasn't. Again, no big deal, just a curious fact.

Statesville is not a big city. Yet they have dozens and dozens of restaurants of every possible stripe and color; though apparently Statesvillans are highly partial to pizza, which made up at least HALF the listings. Given this, it's little wonder a modest place like the Ramada has trouble making an in-house restaurant (called "Sassy's") fly. Yet, if you want to stand out from the crowd, you offer something extra, you strive to be exceptional. Sadly, the Ramada Statesville does neither.

Room Tip: The "free" breakfast, though advertised as exceptional, isn't.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that your stay was not up to the standards that you expect when you stay at the Ramada Statesville. I wanted to address your specific concerns. While we have added many new food items to our Breakfast, we are always listening to our guests regarding what they would like to see on the Breakfast. Ramada has standards that we must follow but we can also add items if our guests ask for them. I do realize that you are loyal to our hotel and I would be happy to meet with you the next time you visit to personally apologize for your recent stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable. We take any cleanliness issues very seriously and thus spend many hours on training in each department. Please feel free to contact me if you are returning to Raleigh and I will make sure your next stay is far superior to this recent stay.