“Nice place to take a break from driving”
Review of Ramada Statesville

Ramada Statesville
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
“Nice place to take a break from driving”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I found this hotel on my smartphone and found it to be just what we needed. The hotel has been just taken over by Ramada, from what I was told, and is doing alot of renovating. The front desk was a mess as 2 ladies were trying to take care of customers checking in and leaving the desk to take care of other customers that had problems in their rooms. We were able to get a room, with no reservation, at a decent price. We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door and it looked like a new room with all new bedding. Everything, including bathroom was very clean. We went down to the small bar they have and had a great time talking to others, truckers and couples, and enjoyed a free beer from a coupon that was given to us at check- in. We also got coupons for free breakfast which was just ok. More like a continental breakfast with a few added items. The pool was closed as it was not filled and looked like it needed some cement work around it. I think next time we are going through this area it will look much better. They have a restaurant but we didn't use it, although we were told by bar patrons that the steak is great there. All in all, very pleased and will return next trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rocky N, General Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to receive your kind comments about your recent stay. We have worked very hard on upgrading our rooms items and presentation over the course of the year. I am glad those efforts paid off during your stay. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Statesville NC as we are planning more new and exciting changes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Overpriced, disgusting rooms, sheets smelled like smoke in a non smoking room, bathroom looked like it hadnt been cleaned at all.

• Stayed April 2012
Rocky N, General Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I am very disappointed to hear about your unsatisfactory stay recently at Ramada Statesville. We spend many extra hours every month to make sure our cleanliness standards exceed the expectations that our Guests expect when staying at a Ramada. I apologize that we clearly did not meet your expectations. We will use your comments to provide additional training to our staff. We will be making some new and exciting changes to our hotel in the next few months to improve our Guest Satisfaction. If your travel brings you back to the Statesville area, we would greatly appreciate a chance to change your opinion of our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally handle your request so that you have an enjoyable stay.

Travelers are raving about these Statesville hotels

williamsville
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I wanted to make sure that my review was written. I left my laptop and my sons medications and machine out in the parking lot while i was loading up my van. I arrived home 10 hours later and to my dismay i noticed the lost items..I quickly called the hotel and to my surprise, housekeeping had found it and returned it to management. I spoke with the owner and manager and i am just shocked that this level of honesty still exists (by the way they are packing it up and shipping it back to me!) the hotel was a great experience, clean and quiet. I also was treated like class by the waitress as I needed some plastic forks..she was first class! this place is a gem..it has a nice little tavern where I watched espn and enjoyed a nice cold beer. The location is great if variety is what you want for foods, gas and stores...by the way it is very safe! you will be very happy to stay the night

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank linda12345_12
Rocky N, Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment. This is what drives us to achieve our main objective, to make our guests happy and comfortable at our property and secure. My Team is glad that they made your stay a great experiance. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charlevoix, Mi.
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Everything is new from the beds to the towels and even the pillows. Great lounge &the restaurant. Staff is friendly and attentive.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you so much for your compliments. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable rooms for restful sleep, delicious breakfast to start out your day on a brighter note as well as impeccable service to win your loyalty for life.
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Ramada Statesville was a bit strange. Firstly, when we opened the front door we noticed there was a handwritten note taped to it saying no vacancies. We'd made a reservation the night before so we proceeded to the front desk. No one was there. After awhile a pleasant man came to check us in. While he was doing this someone phoned and we heard him say there were 15 vacancies, the opposite of what it said on the front door. As we walked to our room we noticed the rugs needed cleaning and overall the place was a bit shabby; therefore, we were surprised to find our room was clean and quite large. Also the bedding was of a very high quality as were the toiletries in the bathroom. The bed proved to be very comfortable. We had a good night's sleep. The next morning we went to breakfast at 8:15. The breakfast was scheduled to end at 9. There wasn't much food left. There were no utensils or coffee cups. The three staff members were yelling and laughing with each other. It was hard for us to get their attention. When I asked for a coffee cup I was told that the woman to whom I spoke was the cook and didn't bring out cups. Another woman came out with 6 cups. Soon they'd been used. Why they didn't bring out a tray of coffee cups for a breakfast group didn't make sense to us. The staff continued to loudly interact with each other. My husband left the buffet and had breakfast later at a restaurant. The motel IS economical and the beds are comfortable with nice linens but the overall experience was a bit strange.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rocky N, General Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Ramada Statesville Nc . We appreciate that you went in to detail about the issues that you had. I apologize for any inconveince caused while you stayed at our property, we are going through a renovation plan, I also appreciate the comments on the room cleanliness and the linens as they have been upgraded. We do plan on upgrading our Hotel with many new and exciting changes to our Rooms and Breakfast. We have already begun these changes and are very excited to hear our guests feedback. If you plan on returning to Statesville Nc, please contact me directly and I will personally make sure that your stay is satisfactory.
Toronto
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Outside appearance very good. Hotel lobby very good. Front desk staff very nice. In fact, all staff were friendly and pleasant.

Rooms on the other hand leave something to be desired. First room reaked of mildew. Bathroom had pink mould growing in it, bathroom fan didn't work so obviously the shower moisture cant be sucked out and just ends up in the room....

Moved to another room. Also smelled of mildew, but not as bad. Turned on AC and decided to crash after a long day on the road. Morning shower and guess what? Fan doesnt work so moisture ends up in the room. Bathroom had some unknown brown mould growing around the back of the door.

Free breakfast is in the former full-service restaurant that all holidayinn's must have. Basically your low-end "continental" breakfast set out in a spacious dining room.

Beware of "long term" guests. I'm figuring this must be a welfare sponsored "housing". There were families living here. In fact, the free breakfast coupon is for "transient guests" only, so I guess the welfare dept pays for your hotel room but not your b'fast.

Overall, staff are very nice, hotel owners have decided to cheap out on any improvements.

For a few bucks more, stay at the hotels off of I-40 just west of I-77. they're close to restaurants/shopping etc.

Room Tip: Definately check your room before you pay up. It looks like the "long term guests" stay a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gomerpyle
Thank you for your recent comments about your stay. I apologize that the room you received was not up to the expectations that you want from a Ramada Property. We are in the process of major renovations and doing some upgrades to our guest rooms which we expect to greatly improve our Hotel. Thank you for the kind comments about the our staff . We hope the next time you visit Statesville you will come see all the exciting new changes that we plan on implementing this year.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The stay at the Ramada Inn in Statesville was great. We were greeted and taken care of promptly at the front desk. After settling in the room, guest services came by to see if there was anything we needed. The staff was very friendly and attentive the five days that we stayed there visiting family in the area. The room was very clean, the water head in the shower and the water preasure was great. I have actually received lesser service at a 5 star hotel! The Ramada Inn Statesville was actually my second choice, but will now be my first when I visit the Charlotte area.

FYI, stay away from the Quality Inn in Mooresville! They jacked up our room rate by 30% after I had booked the room and gotten confirmation. Obviously very unethical business practices going on at that place!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family