“cant beat it....”

and 1 more site!
Sleep Inn
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I have stayed here about six times since last review and everytime it is a perfect stay...great people ..comfy bed..nice rooms...lots of truck parking nextdoor...restaurants within walking distance...late check outs ok...If ever in Statesville and need a great room for a great price you cant go wrong here....

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed December 6, 2009

It was OK... until we found that my wife's diamond ring that was left in our luggage was missing (the most expensive ring in the case). They blew it off and the owners will not talk to me nor will the corporate office help in this matter. This owner is a real coward and won't help at all. I would not stay her again and would advise others to avoid this place because if the owners will not help you, who will? We did contact the Statesville Police Department and filed a report.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rving62
Reviewed December 5, 2009

-This hotel has been very well renovated throughout. New bedding is very good for a sleep inn and the room includes WiFi (largely "very good" connection obtained), a medium-sized micro, frig, iron/board, business desk/table with chair, & cofee maker.
-The foyer business PC/center is contained in a small-ish enclosed/windowed room that requires key entry (18 and over only); nicely done.
-Breakfast included hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit and the usual other items in a well-maintained/hosted area.
-Workout room contained a good treadmill and two other pieces of equipment & towels.

All in a all a pleasant experience, especially for the price, $63 AAA.
The traffic coming out on Rt. 21 is quite difficult to content with, though...many jams.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrBus
Reviewed December 15, 2008

Just passing through and stayed the night. Room was as expected the only issue was the smell of paint as the hotel is being renovated.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank scott6428
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Stopped at another Sleep Inn on the road and was impressed with it's quality. Picked Statesville as a mid-way stop on way to Pittsburgh. Called hotel from a rest area and inquired about price. Was quoted $60 dollars with AAA discount and made reservations. Called back and asked if they allow small dogs (20lb Lahsa). Clerk said of course with no mention of an extra charge.
Room met minimum requirements for a single night's stay. Tile was recently redone by amature. The carpet was filthy. The toilot didn't flush until I adjusted the float.
Upon checkout discovered they charge $20 extra for pets. Plus tax turned into a $90 room. Much more than it was worth.
Try to avoid this motel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2008

The staff was friendly and more than helpfull. After a long drive all I wanted to do is take a shower and rest. I recieved my key card to the room and both would not work. I went down to the front desk and tried another two and they would not work. I had to pull the door completely shut and open it quickly. That was frustrating. The room was your common hotel room but I did like the larger shower which seemed nice. I pulled down the covers to the bed and I noticed a huge cigarette burn hole through the felt like blanket in the middle. Not the greatest hotel but I guess you get what you pay for. There is a Hampton Inn on 77 a few miles North. I also booked with AAA and I forgot to present card and was charged full price. Other hotels usually ask for the AAA card when you check in.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 21, 2008

The 6 hours spent at the "Sleeze Inn" was the absolute worst experience of my life. We were invited to a wedding near Statesville and this was the suggested hotel by the wedding planner. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and other hotel review websites, we were VERY skeptical, but decided to stay possitive. We checked in at about 4pm on Friday with our air mattresses, sleeping bags, and extra sheets and towels in tow. One guest actually received and electric shock when trying to reconnect a smoke detector which was dangling from the ceiling. To our horror, when we returned later that evening from the rehersal dinner, we found our room completely infested with ants - covering our belongings, the beds, and all of the grooms-men's tuxedos for the following day. When we approached the staff, we were astonished by the LACK of effort and blatant rudeness which we encountered. On top of the ants and complete disrespect from the staff, there were stained sheets and towels which appeared to have not been washed, blood stains on the carpet and such things as the ironing board, the plumbing did not work in several rooms, hair and nail clippings on the blankets, and a strong stench of mold and mildew throughout the entire hotel. The 6 hours spent in this Hotel from Hell was the most horrifying hours of my life. We checked out at 3am and i would not return if my life depended on it. We were told that we were out of luck and should try to contact the hotel's owner on Monday - We are still unable to get in contact with anyone who can come up with ANY sort of explination for the utter disregard for customer service and complete filth. I am doing everything in my power to have this place shut down. DO NOT FOOL YOURSELF - THIS PLACE IS A NIGHTMARE!!!!!! ALL OF THE BAD REVIEWS ARE COMPLETELY TRUE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank LADugan626