Days Inn Statesville
$129
$116
Hampton.com
Red Roof PLUS+ Statesville(Statesville)(Great Value!)
$58
$107
Economy Inn(Statesville)(Great Value!)
$60
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2007

I just finished a review about the Days Inn in Gettysburg, Pa. In it. I noted that Days Inns run to mediocre, some better than that and some worse. This one, I'd say, is low mediocre, but not as bad as some have made it out to be;. The owners are in the process of renovating the rooms, but with a wierd sense of what renovation entails. For example, our room had a new clean carpet (good), newly painted walls and ceiling (good), and what appeared to be a new countertop and shower (along with the floor in the bathroom) but, inexplicably, had oid and pitted bathroom fixtures, Why someone would reinstall old fixtures on a new sink and tub is beyond me, but maybe there's a reason.

Also, I suppose the owners are smart to begin with the rooms, since that's where the guests spend the night, but a littlle attention tto the parking lot and exterior corridors wouldn't hurt. They are really ratty. The free breakfast was nothing to write home about, but did include the now seemingly ubiquitous waffle machine and it offered raisin bran, which I prefer to the fruit loop/sugar bomb choice I got at another Days Inn.

To sum up, it's better than camping out and sooner oir later might be a nice place, but it's not yet and it may take a while befrore it is.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 2, 2006

We stayed here for one night. It was the longest night ever. The room was not clean. Our room faced the highway and all night I heard the big trucks. I put my "Do Not Disturb" sign on my doorknob while I went to breakfast. When I came back there was an employee in my room. He was trying to make excuses but I could not understand his English. What if I was taking a shower? He did not seem to be cleaning but it still does not matter. It was not check out time and I had the Do Not Disturb sign on my door. I spoke with the front desk and they did not care. The front desk tried to make excuses for him. The only positive thing for this place, they do have a computer in the lobby so you can check email or etc. I WILL NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 10, 2006

I have worked in the hotel/motel industry for the better part of 30 years. In all my expierence I have never been in or visited a property that i could not relax in. It was late when we arrived. I made my rservations through travelocityand could not believe tht the room was not what I expected. The air conditioner was so loud but that was not all my children almost came out of their skin when they went to turn the bath light on and the fan stared. My 4 year old cried and asked me what the noise was. Iwas told that the property was not too old.... but you could have fooled me. I had to squat to take a shower. I am only 5'8 so its not because I'm too tall. i cant even tell you everything. all I wanted to do was close my eyes and sleep but combination of things made me so uncomfortable. the only thing I can say in their behalf is that it looked like they bought new furniture from rent a center or something of that nature. Iended up having to leave the next day because of medical reasons. The staff that checked me in were not aware of procedures of check in by a travel agent. The morning person had to credit my visa because she did not know that travelocity had already charged me. I only hope for future prosperity that the management will make some drastic changes, however I will not revisit there.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Kimbe903
Reviewed June 25, 2004

My room was spotless; the sheets were delightful, the towels were acceptable. There was even (free) wifi.

However, the wall paper was peeling, the veneer on the bathroom (hollow core) door was fraying, the air conditioner made so much noise that it was almost impossible to sleep. The complimentary breakfast (some muffins, a few pastries, fruit flavored breakfast drink, coffee ...but no tea bags or hot water) was worth exactly what it cost.

I did feel safe --not having this sense of security is a deal-breaker for me even in a budget hotel-- but I don't think I would stay there again, even though the (internet) price ($35+taxes for a single) was low for the area.

This motel is only for those who are "financially challenged." Safe and clean --the most important criteria, to be sure-- but otherwise without features that invite you to return.

3  Thank schnauzerlady
Reviewed August 25, 2003

When going to the beach, we like to stop in Statesville overnight to break up the trip. I booked our night at the Days Inn and from the outside picture shown on their web site, it didn't look all that bad.
Well, it is time for this site to do a major remodeling project. Doors were splintered, wallpaper peeling, and the patio furniture around the pool looks like it is rarely cleaned. Continental breakfast consisted of a loaf of bread and jelly. Because it was only one night, we stayed, but will positively look for a different motel for future visits.

2  Thank Browneyes31