“RUN AWAY FROM THIS DUMP Not even a half a star!”

Days Inn Statesville
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
NC
“RUN AWAY FROM THIS DUMP Not even a half a star!”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I don't understand how this is a 2 star hotel. The rating inside the lobby is 91. The rooms are disgusting, the beds had not been changed, the sheets were wrinkled and there were peoples butt impressions still in the sheets when you folded the covers back and spots and dirt on the sheets. The floor smelled of urine. The sidewalks outside the rooms smelled of urine. This is slumming intercity fleabag at its best. PASS IT UP and camp or sleep in your car. Suppose to have 3 HBO's- ITS IS ANALOG TV. I am not picky BUT PLEASE if you are looking for anything over a one hour hotel -go somewhere else. By far the worst I have EVER stayed in.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
York, PA
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My girlfiend and I went to the Coca Cola 600 Nascar Race in Charlotte. Wanted a room close but no too close to the race track. This Days Inn is an older hotel. Stayed two nights; $55 a night. We had a non smoking room with a queen size bed. The room was very basic; no frills. The room was very CLEAN. Bed was confortable. The air conditioner worked great and kept the room ice cold. A Continential Breakfast was served each day. The employees were very friendly. The only negative thing about the room was the height of the shower head. It was very low. I'm 6'02" tall. I had to really bend over to wet my head. Very good room for the price. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I checked into this Days Inn while waiting to move into a new home. The manager Mr. Peresh was kind, professional, and helpful. Not knowing how long I would be staying was not a problem and Mr. Peresh was more than glad to accomodate my needs. The entire staff employed here is conscientious, friendly. Housekeepers,the maintenance man JR, you could not find a nicer group of folks that seemed to work together respectfully. Many of the other guest were here on long term stays for work etc and there are many other hotels in the area to choose from, so it is clear that they are comforable and happy with this Days Inn as well. The property is well lite and feels very safe here as a solo travelor. This visit has been a pleasure and I highly recommend this Days Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
PA
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Not exactly the Bates Motel, but close. The parking lot needed work and landscaping. The door to our room looked like it was covered with dirty handprints and when we went inside, the walls looked dirty also. The room smelled musty and when we turned on the A/C, it was really loud. There was a huge, new TV with lots of channels (good), the sheets and bedding were clean (good) and the towels were fresh (good). The internet never connected for our room and since the room faced the highway, you could hear traffic very clearly. I went out and bought Clorox Clean-up and a sponge, went over the two rooms with it and did get the dirt off the walls. The muffin I had for breakfast was stale and the coffee pots were empty. Even the desk clerk had brought his breakfast in bags from another restaurant! I was happy to check out and get something to eat down the road. Cleaning and renovation is badly needed here. I should have suspected something when the price was lower than others in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Statesville hotels

cambridge
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stopped here on the way to our trip to Florida, since it was a Days Inn we thought it would be decent and clean to get some rest.
OMG! we were wrong! the carpets were so disgusting!. My kids socks and our feet were black as tar!. I hadto spread the towels out on the floor so we could walk. My daughter and I had some kind of bites when we woke up in the morning? have no idea what they were from. The dirt around the edges of the room and under the bed, wow, looks like it may have never been vacummed around it. The pool also had oily film on top and was full of bugs.
Well lesson learned from staying here, check the room before you pay!.Definitley was not worth the $79 US.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed October 2, 2008

I travel on business and pay all my own expenses so I am always looking for a good value. During a recent trip I had the pleasure of staying at the Days Inn in Statesville, NC and came away impressed with what they had to offer.

The check-in process was very quick and the staff friendly. My room, a basic single room, was very clean, smelled fresh, and was set-up well enough so I could get some work done. Their internet service was okay, not as fast as it could be, but still met all of my needs for work, and a little time on YouTube.

Overall I had no complaints with my stay and will definitely be staying there again when I return on business. The hotel is located right off of I-40 so it is easy to get to and from. Plus there are many restaurants to choose from very close by, as well as, several other stores including a Wal-Mart if you need any supplies, etc.

While I did not take time to eat the free breakfast offered, it appeared to be quite good. They had cereal, waffles, fruit, and all the things you would expect. I also liked the fact that the dining room is large enough to not feel crowded.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel with above average amenities then you will be happy with this location.

• Liked — Good value for the money and it's clean.
  • Disliked — Internet is not the best, but works okay.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
WNY
Reviewed March 3, 2008

This hotel was so bad we finally got up and continued to drive because I was afraid to go to sleep!!! There was about a four inch gap between the bottom of the door and the floor. There was a lot of traffic in the parking lot, mainly truck drivers all night. The room was very dirty and musty. The shower head was about level with my shoulder (I am 5'7") so I had to do squats just to shower. Do your self a favor and spend a little extra to stay somewhere you can actually sleep!

• Stayed April 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)