Red Roof PLUS+ Statesville
Economy Inn(Statesville)(Great Value!)
$60
Sleep Inn(Statesville)
$75
All reviewspremium roomno extra chargeroom was cleanburger kingpet policygreat pricehardwood floorspet friendly hotelgreat place to stayfast foodbudget hotelmini fridgethird floorsmall dogparking lotstayed here for one nightwould stay here again
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I probably would not have stopped here except for the other Travelocity reviews. They are all true. Not a hint of stale smoke and with a $200 fine for smoking, they plan on keeping it that way. The room furnishings are closer to what you'd expect to find at an upscale hotel in a big city. The "wood" floors will be easier to keep clean and better for people with allergies. There is carpeting around the beds. It was noisy ( highway noise and people walking past ), but maybe if I had needed the a/c or used the TV, that would have helped mask the noise. It is very convenient - at the intersection of Hwys 40 and 77. The bed and pillows were great. No breakfast, but I'd rather pay $20 ( or more) less and find breakfast somewhere else or BYO. I didn't have my dog with me on this trip, but thanks Red Roof for being dog friendly.

The only negatives were the noise and the fact that the bathroom ( toilet and tub ) area is very small. But I guess there are limitations whenever one does a re-model.

Room Tip: If noise traffic noise will disturb you, ask if there is a quieter area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
CCozean, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for experiencing our newly remodeled location. We take pride in providing clean, comfortable, and nicely maintained location for our Guests! I am glad you gave us a try and for your positive recommendation to fellow Trip Advisor travelers.

Sincerely; Catherine E. Cozean

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first visit to a Red Roof but I saw a billboard for a newly remodeled "ALL NON SMOKING" hotel on interstate 77 in Statesville NC. That really caught my attention and the welcome center book had a $45 coupon. Let me just say that the room was amazing! Sparkling clean, no odors, an air conditioner that "purred" like a kitten, a bed that rivaled any 4 star hotel, wood floors, large flat screen TV, lovely night light in the bathroom. This was a total re-model and lovely roadside overnight stop. The staff is amazingly friendly. Tip: standard rooms don't have hair dryers. Deluxe rooms have microwaves and a fridge. Rooms are small but VERY clean, decorative and comfortable. Stay at this place before it gets trashed. It's about 6 weeks new! No breakfast, just good coffee, but you can walk accross the street to an IHOP. Kudos to this place!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the side that doesn't face I-77 Bring your own hair dryer. Ask for the coupon rate.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were traveling back to Atlanta after a funeral. We reached here and decided to take a chance on this red roof inns as I have given up on other red roof properties due to many dissapointments. The reason we like red roof inns is the pet policy. We travel with barny and the pet policy at red roof inns is attractive. Bottom line is this it is newly remodeled no its not marketing hype. The room rivals that of rooms at twice the price. There was no smelly old smoke smell. There was no dingy stained carpeting. The hardwood floors rock. The newly remodeled bathrooms are nice. The staff at the front desk rocked. Very professional in appearance and knowledge, and helpfulness. We will stay again when we are in the area. All the Red Roof inns need to be of this quality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CCozean, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We are so glad to have earned Barny's paw of approval. We are so excited to share our newly renovated 100% smoke free Next Gen room designs with all of our Trip Advisor community. I am so glad that you enjoyed the new flooring and overall comfort of the room. We will look forward to seeing Barny and his parents the next time you are passing through. Make sure he stops by the lobby for a doggie treat!
Sincerely;
Catherine Cozean

Reviewed June 13, 2013

In case you are wondering, Lili is our dog and she loves this Red Roof Inn in Statesville because it is so dog-friendly both inside and out. Since she is a professional traveler, having made many trips back and forth between Florida and the Northeast, she has had a chance to inspect a few other properties and knows quality when she (and her owners) see it. This Red Roof Inn in Statesville, NC is excellent; the recent refurbishments have made it even more attractive and appealing. The grounds are maintained and comfortable for dog-walking; the rooms are well-designed and comfortable with free WiFi and a well-located flat-screen TV for easy viewing. Location near a major highway makes it an easy on and off while traveling. Staff is helpful and friendly; the room was impeccably clean. Price is great too. Lili rates it five "woofs".

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CCozean, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

We are certainly honored to have received 5 Woofs from both Lili and her parents! I am sure that your fellow four-legged travelers will appreciate the recommendation as well. At Red Roof Inn, there is never a pet deposit, and we welcome all travelers to come and enjoy our newly remodeled and 100% smoke free rooms. We look forward to seeing Lili again real soon!

Sincerely; Catherine Cozean

Reviewed June 12, 2013

For the price, the room was great with the exception of the AC being very noisy. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable. There was no outside noise and it was extremely convenient to the Interstate. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful in recommending places for dinner. In addition, the entire hotel is smoke-free.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CCozean, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our location. I am very sorry that your air conditioner was noisy. I would love to have more details regarding the room number you stayed in so that we can have that unit looked at and replaced if needed. If you would send me an email at i0113@redroof.com, I would certainly appreciate it! As you mentioned, we are now a 100% non-smoking and offer new mattress/bedding. I hope you will give us the opportunity to accomodate you again in the future.

Sincerely; Catherine E. Cozean