“Nice place”

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
High Point, North Carolina
“Nice place”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My bride and I stayed here three weeks ago and we were surprised how nice the hotel was. Our room smelled good (no telltale smell from smokers), the linen was clean and fresh and the bed was very comfortable. For a guy who always has trouble waking up without a sore back sleeping on hotel beds, this was a complete joy. No backache this morning! Anytime I can wake up refreshed and not hurting starts off the day in a most enjoyable way. Thank you Mike.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rick F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great value. Affordable without sacrificing anything! Super clean, comfy bed, friendly staff, great value, convenient, sofa, fridge and microwave and breakfast is included. Best Quality Inn I've stayed in by far! Lots of walkable resturants and a pool! I will stay here everytime I'm in Statesville.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank hope123456
Turtle Creek
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in room 157 last Weds. July 24, 2013 and my daughter found something in the night stand on Thursday morning. I turned it in to MIKE at the front desk. If you lost it please see him. I PROMISE you it was turned in and I HOPE TO GOD he is honest and gives it back to the person who lost it.

This motel room was super stinky. It was a smoking room. And I smoke. But this was not a smoke smell it was a more mildew smell and the room had fleas in it. I told Mike at the front desk about it and he just said Okay. So there ya go. I hope he does something about it. We had traveled several hours, spent 6 hours in the pouring rain at carowinds (where we did not get a refund and did not get to ride a single ride) so we were exhausted when we checked in here. Otherwise we would have left. My kids and husband fell fast asleep, I on the other-hand stayed up spraying perfume to mask the stench of the room and was fighting the fleas that were jumping on our bed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Robyn P
qualityinnstatesvill, Webmaster at Quality Inn Statesville, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. Unfortunately, the item you turned in was never claimed. That’s a shame. I apologize if we fell short of your expectations in any way and sincerely hope you will visit again soon to see how we’ve changed and improved the hotel. We’re always working to make it better, and you’ll enjoy your next stay more than ever before.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Statesville hotels

Brooksville
Reviewed July 13, 2013

It was away from the highway maybe a little to far away, the place was ok but in need of upgrades the bed was clean also sheets but rug was stained all over, bathroom shower wall had mold on it furniture was rough. The breakfast was ok.would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. Perhaps our hotel did decline in quality briefly, but we’ve now significantly improved it so that it’s better than ever before. I challenge you to visit again anytime and see how we’ve improved. We satisfy hundreds of guests each month and would like the opportunity to satisfy you. I apologize for falling short during this stay.

Alma, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had a business trip to Statesville, NC recently and did not arrive until midnight. I had made the reservation on the road, by phone and did not have a chance to view the rooms. Carpet was way beyond dirty and needed to be ripped up and replaced, bathroom also needed updating. The lobby area and breakfast were great and the staff pleasant. I would check to see if the rooms have been updated before I stayed again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your candid comments. We have indeed made many upgrades since the time of your stay. I’m so pleased that you found the breakfast to be good and enjoyed dealing with our staff. I hope you’ll visit again soon to see how everything else has improved, and I sincerely apologize for any ways we fell short of your expectations.

Amherstburg, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Where does one start, we travel fairly extensively and have stayed at may Quality Inns thoughout the Southern States. This by far is the worst Hotel/Inn we have ever stayed at. They really should be ashamed to be part of the Quality Inn chain. The room was musty, bedsheets and comforter stale smelling littered with burn holes (non-smoking room btw). Carpet looked like it was blood stained, definitely old and in bad need of replacing. Bathroom floor hasn't seen a good scrubbing in years. Good thing I usually travel with a small amount of disinfectant. Can't comment on the breakfast as we couldn't wait to get out of there. This place needs a complete overhaul. I don't think it's been updated since it was built in the 60's. Still has the same furnishing. Definitely would not stop here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. You’ll be very pleased to learn that we have indeed made significant changes and improvements to this hotel since your stay. We take pride in serving guests well, and we’re now satisfying a greater percentage of guests than ever before. I challenge you to visit again and see how we’ve changed.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a quick night's stay as part of a road trip. The hotel was much nicer outside than in. It was decently clean. Some work has been done but it needs more. Again, for our purpose it was fine. It was clean enough and a good night's sleep, a morning shower is all I really needed. The continental breakfast was not very good at all, but cereal and a yogurt go a long way sometimes. I do have to comment on the absolutely HORRIBLE coffee they had. Again, not a big deal considering it was just for a night and the price was decent too. I give this an "average" rating because its just that, for this kind of hotel. Given the name however, I did expect more. This wouldn't be enough to tell you not to stay here, if you feel you've gotten a good rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelGuy1224
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m glad you had a pleasant brief stay with us. We take pride in this hotel and confidently satisfy many guests, but I want you to know that we have indeed made many changes and improvements since your stay. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process to make sure we get better every day, and I hope we can serve you again.