Best Western Statesville Inn
Courtyard
$141
$129
Hampton.com
Red Roof PLUS+ Statesville(Statesville)(Great Value!)
$58
Economy Inn(Statesville)(Great Value!)
$60
$129
$110
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesgood nights sleepcontinental breakfastwaffle housestay there againparking lotgreat stopeasy accessnice staythe breakfast areahotel roomking bedroad tripovernight stopnext morninglong drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night while traveling with our two dogs. Nicely updated rooms and surprisingly spacious. Shelia, one of the staff members who attended us at breakfast, went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013
Stattesvilleinn, Manager at Best Western Statesville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your experience.
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Thanks

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at this property for the past few years as an overnight stop on our long distance trip. The first time we stayed we really felt as if we had found a hidden gem. The access is an easy on and off from the Interstate. The rooms were fresh, clean and comfortable.The breakfast , while smaller than some, was always well attended to by the staff. Then next few years we started to see a slip, first in the service at the front desk, sometimes there would be one poor employee trying her best to do it all. This year there were three , and none of them seemed to really know what they were doing. We had requested adjacent rooms as one member of our party has a medical condition and we wanted to be close by if needed to assist. I reminded the front desk clerk and she responded that would not be a problem,and promptly gave me two rooms that were 9 doors away form each other. When I pointed this out to her she said that now it was in the system she was unable to change it. When we arrived to our room, 4 hours after check in is allowed, the maid was just starting to clean our room. When one member of the party washed his hands, the faucet handle came off in his hands. When we asked for any information they might offer on dining, one clerk said we don't offer that information any more, you should just use your GPS. All in all, the slide has gone a bit to far for us to feel comfortable staying here again. This is such a shame that someone would have such a fine establishment and then just let it all slip away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pm1045
Stattesvilleinn, Manager at Best Western Statesville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Stay in Statesville was pleasant , very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel is going through improvements to the rooms. A welcome improvement to upgrade the decor. Shelia and Angela were courteous and great hostess.

• Stayed: April 2013
Stattesvilleinn, Manager at Best Western Statesville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We appreciate for acknowledging the employees and encouraging them to go beyond their call of duty to make guest stay enjoyable. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Bharat Desai, GM

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Pillows were uncomfortable, but otherwise a good value for the money.
The waffles in the free breakfast were delicious, and the staff courteous . Very convenient location off the interstate. Pets are welcome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bharat Desai, GM

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Out of all the places we stayed on a cross country road trip, this was the worst. First of all, the girl who checked us in spoke so fast I couldn't understand a word she said. When she gave me directions to a grocery store she said it was "just off 77" like I lived there and I knew what 77 was. Thank God for GPS. Second, I specifically requested a first floor room (and I'm pretty sure I paid for it in advance) and got stuck on the second floor. The parking lot is small and there were people towing trailers taking up multiple spots. I had to park by the lobby and carry two sleeping kids into the room. I had four kids with me total, and a dog. It was not fun trying to get all of them and our bags up to the room. The room itself was large and modern looking but smelled. Not bad, but overwhelmingly floral, like after you shampoo the carpets in your house and they haven't dried yet. It made all of us sneeze horribly. I felt like I was being bitten by something all night. No evidence of bed bugs, but I honestly felt like things were crawling all over me all night. Fleas? Spiders? I don't know. But my skin itched and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. The walls are paper thin. I could hear the people next to me until 2am. There was someone on the first floor with two dogs that barked all night long. The room was ice cold when we got into it so I turned the heat on. In the morning the heater (and everyone else's) leaked water all over the walkway which made it slippery. When I went to check out there were three staff members behind the desk but apparently only one who could check people out. The lady in front of me being waited on was asking lots of questions and it took forever to check out. The milk they put out for breakfast is in a pitcher with no way to keep it cold. I got a glass and it was warm and sour tasting. I would not ever stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SillySallySews

I am concerned about issues you had for getting directions and smell in the room you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology

We have just finished installing new carpet in all the rooms. I am not sure if the smell was of the new carpet or not. Please accept my sincere apology again.

Thanks