“Very Helpful Staff”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
“Very Helpful Staff”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were traveling back from vacation and stopped at this hotel so we could watch the NCAA tournament. The evening shift people were very helpful and made sure we could get somewhere to watch the game. When we came back to the hotel the clerk had the linens for the pull out and extra towels for us. She knew us on sight and was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again. Very clean, too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
JimMcJunkinGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Brenda

Thank you for reviewing your stay at my hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you got to see the game! I am even more pleased that my staff did their job and welcomed you with real southern hospitality. That's the way we like to do things here. I hope you had a great vacation and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Medina, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stopped here on our way back from Duck Key, FL and loved this hotel. It was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Best part was you are able to purchase the wonderful pillows, amongst other things, that they have. The room was very quiet even though the hotel was almost full, we never heard anyone. The breakfast was plentiful and very good. I will always stay at a Comfort Inn in my travels.

Room Tip: Request away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us here in Statesville. I am glad you had a great stay and your enjoyed our new pillows. Our new pillow program started recently and we are getting great response. I hope you had a great time in Duck Key and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 8, 2014

There are a lot of motel choices for Interstate travelers in this part of North Carolina, so this is the first time we've tried the Comfort Inn and Suites of Statesville. Overall, we were pleased with our stay. The motel has an elegant lobby with an elevator and some features....pool, and bar with evening food options...that we would have appreciated if our time had allowed.

Desk staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and nicely decorated. WiFi was quick and easy to connect. Fridge and microwave are amenities that we always appreciate when traveling. And (this is so rare in a hotel of any price range) the coffee and tea service was adequately stocked.......both in the room and in the lobby. Beds were comfortable, and the room was quiet.

The only negative element came with the breakfast buffet. Although there had been a wide range of options, many of them were totally gone by 8:10. (the buffet is "available" until 9:00). Staff did some token replenishment, but the Inn was simply out of a number of items, and we had to make do with what was left. Have never had this experience before, and we left less than satisfied. (and a bit hungry).

Apart from the breakfast, this place offers an excellent value for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank GypsyRoverPittsburgh
JimMcJunkinGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hi Gypsy Rover,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am please that the majority of your review was positive. I am working closely with my breakfast team to make sure your next review will be entirely positive. I would like to personally invite you to stay with us again and be sure to stop by the desk and ask for me. Guests who take time to let other travelers know about hotels and restaurants need their hands shook from time to time and I would like to do that.

I love the name you have chosen - Gypsy Rover!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel was a good place to stop for a night while travelling through. The beds were comfortable and there was a selection of a variety of pillows. The bedroom and bathroom were very clean. Staff were exceptionally pleasant and accommodating. It was good to be able to get something to eat at the hotel in the evening so that we did not have to head out in search of a restaurant after driving all day. All the foods offered required quite a long time to be prepared. I would suggest that an offering of a soup or a stew that would be available more quickly, would be welcomed by the guests.

Room Tip: The side away from the highway would be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bass74
Hi Bass74,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. I remember talking with you during your stay about soup and I have put in an inquiry with our food service vendor. Excellent idea! Thank you for the suggestion. We certainly hope to see you again on your future travels.

Jim McJunkin, GM
Chugiak, Alaska
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

After our flight from AK to Charlotte we decided to stop and get a night of sleep before driving the rest of the way to WV. Glad we stopped here. Indoor pool was great for the 4 yr old grandson. Service was outstanding. Room and bed were very comfortable.

Stayed March 2014
JimMcJunkinGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi jm_macneil,

Thank you for reviewing your stay! I'm so pleased you got to use the pool and that your grandson could burn off some energy before going to bed. We work hard to make sure every guest has a great stay and I am certainly glad we made your stay perfect. We hope to see you again soon!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Lovely lobby. Nice rooms.

There were 2 issues in our bathroom that need addressed:
The bathroom had one switch that controlled both the light and the exhaust fan. The exhaust fan noise was awful.
The towel bar was falling off the wall & was even missing a screw.

Both the bathroom and sleeping areas were very poorly lit.

Ask for a room on any floor but the first floor if you DON'T have a pet.

Make sure your room is on the furthest side from I-77.

The food was mediocre, at best.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank randee p
Hi Randee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I apologize for not meeting your expectations concerning your room. Hopefully, you informed the front desk staff about the problems and they were able to inform my maintenance staff. I am looking into separating the light and fan in the bathroom. That should make things more convenient. We are also looking into either switching light bulbs or adding additional lighting (at your suggestion).

Once again, I thank you for reviewing your stay and I hope you will stay with us again.

Greenville,sc
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Very nice property with a friendly staff willing to help solve problems quickly. The hotel is a older property that looks to have been renovated recently. Rooms were clean with both a fitness center and laundry room for the guest. The breakfast was good with a variety of items.
The only problem I had was locating the road into the property with better signage or larger sign it would be easier to get into the hotel.
Overall a very good property that I would stay again when traveling thru the area again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JimMcJunkinGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us here in Statesville.

Yes, we renovated the property a little over two years ago, but my maintenance staff is really on the ball taking care to make sure everything is in tip top shape. I'm so glad you found us and we hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels,