“Great Overnight Stop”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
London, Canada
“Great Overnight Stop”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Staff were very pleasant upon arrival ,lobby was a showcase and the tiles in the upper level elevator hallways is a classy touch. The rooms were exceptionally clean and beds very comfortable. Breakfast was typical morning fare...only complaint is the quality of the coffee.
This property is equivalent to the Hampton Inn chain but a better value.Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Decided to try Comfort Inn for nights stay over. Brought all our stuff in with bellman cart and took it up to second floor room. They had bar with very limited food, gave us list of local restaurants to find food. Got there ok, had pizza and drink, was ok they were very nice at "Big Shotz Tavern, service was great. Got lost and ended up back on interstate on way back to hotel.
Room was really nice, Frig, and breakfast was included in the morning and it was super.
But at $114.65 I thought the room was not worth the hefty price.

Room Tip: We got in after 7 pm so we took what we could get, next time I will plan ahead.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here specifically because of the reviews it got on Trip Advisor. I was a little worried because of the reviews it got because of saying it was showing its age. However, I have to say it is great!!! The hotel decor is pleasant. My room was spacious and very nice. The hotel has a bar (which is always nice). The workout rom is great and not cramped either. I really enjoyed the experience!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed one night at this hotel in October 2013 as well as October 2012, both on our way down to a vacation destination. The hotel's exterior and lobby are kept up very well. Our room was decent but is probably in need of a bit of an upgrade. The tub had a bit of mold on the caulking, the shower head was disconnected from the wall, and the light switch was dirty. Other than the bathroom, the room was pretty nice. The complimentary breakfast was very good, but get down there early as the breakfast area is very small and fills up quickly. The woman staffing the breakfast area was very friendly and diligently kept up with the food. I would definitely stay here again but hope the rooms get a bit of attention.

Room Tip: You may want to eat dinner prior to getting to the hotel as there are very few restaurants in the ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Summary

Stayed here for two nights for an investors meeting at a local company "bebevco" who make relaxation drinks.

The hotel is located close to the highway and is in a great location for travellers. The hotel was clean and appeared to have been recently updated with new decor.

The staff in the hotel were friendly and welcoming. The hotel had good free wifi, a small pool and jacuzzi.

Also included in the price was free breakfast each morning which was great. Food supplied was, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, yogurt, fruit and drinks.

There is also a small bar which is open till late in the evening. I did not use it but it looked clean and nice for relaxing in.

The room was spacious and clean. I stayed in a two queen bed room, but I noticed that there was no room divider as in the picture and no sofa. Also in the room was a fridge and microwave and coffee maker. They also had free coffee and compliments available in the lobby which was an added bonus.

Pros:

Clean
Friendly environment
Free breakfast
Free wifi
Location
Good rooms
Indoor swimming pool and bar area.

Cons:

None that I noted

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ifrit1984
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This Comfort Inn was located just off the interstate and close to a number of places where one could eat. It was pouring with rain when we arrived, but this motel has a very impressive foyer and staff were friendly and pleasant. Unusually, it has a bar, which operates in the evening, and doubles as the breakfast room in the morning. Breakfast was about average for the chain. Room was good, pool area clearly popular with kids if with strong chlorine odor, exercise room small but functional and with TV one can control. Room was fine, seemed to have been fairly recently refurbished. Dog-friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JimMcJunkinGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Jim, thanks for the great review! It always makes me feel good when guests are happy. Most people are surprised to see our bar which has been a huge hit with our guests. Even if guests don't visit the bar, it's nice to know the option is there. We offer chicken tenders, wings, personal pan pizza and more. If you are too tired to drive to a restaurant, the bar is a good alternative. From one Jim to another Jim, thank you for your review!
Morehead City, North Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2013

One comment. First hotel we stayed at on the start of our vacation. The most unprofessional manager on duty when we arrived. Don't even want to waste my time trying to justify her actions. No manager should continue to holler at a guest when I walked away from her so as not to have an argument ensue. However, when I walked away & told her I didn't want to argue with her she continued to shout at me even while I was entering the elevator. She was so loud, my husband heard her o second floor balcony. Now, I also am a choice employee and felt we should have been treated with the same courtesy & respect given to any guest.
I really need to state what prompted the altercation. I informed the mngr. at check in that we didn't mind a second floor as long as the walk wasn't too long as my husband is an amputee & I suffer with COPD. She said the room was right when we got off the elevator. However it wasn't & I came back to front desk to ask if we could move to another room, & immediately she huffed, there aren't any. I told her I thought the room was as we got off the elevator & then she told me, that those rooms rented first. I then said, are you that busy that you do not have another room? And she said she didn't. I told her I was sorry to hear that & that I also am a front desk mngr. where I work & that I would never speak to a guest in that tone and not try to be a bit more accommodating. I then asked her if I could speak to her manager & she said she was the manager. I then decided there was no further use in trying to reason with her & then told her I do not wish to argue & walked toward the elevator and that is when she began to holler at me that she will try to find us another room, but I knew she was trying to be confrontational & I went up the elevator to second floor. When I got off the elevator, my husband & I could still hear her hollering to me "You Call Yourself A Manager".
It was that comment that prompted me to write this review in Trip Advisor.
This was only the second negative review I've ever written against a hotel in all my years of traveling. They have always been good reviews.
"ENOUGH SAID"

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jecnc
JimMcJunkinGM, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at my hotel. Yes, I thank the good reviews and the bad. I personally apologize for the incident you described. I have had a long talk with the employee about what happened and have even reviewed the security camera footage. The employee and I walked through the entire exchange with me pointing out things she could have done or said differently. Needless to say, the employee has learned a great deal about how to react in certain situations. I'm sorry that the lesson was at your expense and I once again offer my most sincere apology.