“Nice hotel but got duped into a smaller room”

Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Pa from Fla. about 15 minutes away my wife went on her iPhone to find a hotel. She found a double room, for us and our two young boys, 2 full beds available. She didn't book online since we were only 15 mins out. When we got there the woman at the front desk said all the doubles were taken and all that was left was a king suite. We said that at least two double rooms were available online not even 15 mins ago. She insisted they have been booked for at least 2 hours. She said the king suite has a pull out bed that is nice and made up. We took it rather than get the kids back in the car after a long day. The pull out was not made, the bedding was wadded up in the folded up bed. Clearly they had not been changed since the last person to use it. I was exhausted so rather than complain we all 4 slept in the king. The most frustrating part is that after we got unpacked in the room I went back online and they still had at least 2 dbl rooms available for that night! The bathroom was dirty and the tile in the shower was cracked. I also heard every sound in the hallway throughout the night. The rest of the room was clean. The decor was nice and the AC worked great. The free breakfast was bad, too small a room for the crowd. The OJ was empty and the eggs bland and sausage grease soaked.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed there overnite on our way to Pennsylvania. Check in was very easy, pleasant people at the front desk. Our room was very spacious, extremely clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet was very good. Would definitely stay again on our next trip. Rates were very reasonable too for king size room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luvdance46
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Stayed in a suite this trip. Stayed in a standard room our last trip. Suite was in older part of the hotel, so we will stay in a standard room next time. Great dog friendly hotel and only a $15 charge for the pet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to hold a meeting at this hotel. If you are in the area and need a small meeting room, I highly recommend you consider this hotel.. The hotel is beautiful, the staff was wonderful and the service outstanding.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a one night stopover on the way to a vacation. As such, the location was perfect, right off the interstate. The rooms were clean, the clerk was helpful in finding us a place to eat dinner, we had a decent breakfast. No complaints. For the money this was an excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our drive back from Florida in April. This is a dog friendly hotel. The charge was $15 for our small dog. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Our bedroom on the second floor facing the front of the hotel was very clean, comfortable and modern. It had a king sized bed, work area, sofa, flat, microwave and small fridge.The wireless internet worked well. Breakfast was well stocked with a good choice of food to get us on our way. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Great service and rooms!

Room Tip: We had a quiet room on the second floor facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

First, when I made the reservation the night before, the front desk clerk explained to me that she had a lobby full of people and wanted to know if its alright if she took my number down after she was able to get on the other side of the crowd. I told completely understood that and gave her my number. About 30 minutes later she called me backed, which I was happy and impressed. This was roughly the half way point from FL to OH and I had a horrible day of moving parking lot driving. The front desk clerk greeted me with a smile, I told the clerk that I did have 2 dogs with me. I did relate that information to the clerk that took my reservation, I just wanted to make sure that it was still fine. Even though this is a pet friendly hotel, there is restrictions and I wasn't sure what they were. There was absolutely no problem, the clerk had me sign the standard pet paperwork and explained the standard pet fee; which I was completely familiar and okay with. After getting settled in, I went to the lounge for a couple of drinks. Absolutely WONDERFUL bartender. She was friendly, engaging, and if you wanted to try something different she had a few specialties that she was good at making. I had 3 of her Toasted Almonds (remember I said it was a horrible traffic day) They also serve small finger foods. It was a nice experience to talk with the bartender (I wish I remembered her name) and a few of the other guests. Afterwards, went to my room, had a great night sleep. Slept completely through the Breakfast. I didn't intend to do that but I was so comfortable. As I was leaving I met one of the housekeeping personnel. She was a gracious, lovely, and friendly lady.
My room was clean, no dirt or trash on the floor. The bathroom was clean. There was a couple of brown spots in the solid piece of white stone. But it appears the spots are due to something else that use to be there. To me, I didn't think it made the bathroom unclean since its cosmetic. If am in the area again I will definitely stay again. I stayed the night of July 6th

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo