“Excellent value”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent value”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is located right off I 77 north of \charlotte . The hotel was clean , rooms were large with updated furniture and staff was friendly.Plus for us was that hotel was pet friendly ..did not like that the pet friendly fee of $15 was not identified up front .

Room Tip: End rooms are pet friendly
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sylva, North Carolina
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We visit our grandchildren in Statesville regularly, so finding a clean, reasonably priced room was a priority for us. I always check Trip Advisor reviews before traveling, and this time it paid off. We stayed in this hotel in October, and November, and will schedule December's visit today. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the rooms clean and beds comfy, and breakfast better than average. There is a small bar in the hotel for those desiring a nightcap (without a noisy bar atmosphere), inside corridors, elevators, inside pool. I will feel safe and comfortable staying there even when my husband is unable to go with me. At the end of an active day with preschool children we have found a peaceful retreat. We've found our "home away from home".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorthCarolinaDotti
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on Saturday night on our way back to Canada. We had king size bed -room on 3rd floor- very clean - pillows where good- lots of great double parking for RV. Breakfast was ok with eggs and sausage for hubby and banana peanut butter for me.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosadiva
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My parents stayed at this location last night when traveling from FL to WV. The property was clean and neat. Also, dog friendly. However, they were really disappointed in having to stay on the 2nd floor. My mother recently had surgery on her foot and not very mobile. My dad has a bad hip. They have a small dog. They were refused a room on the first floor because the "designated dog rooms" were on the 2nd floor. Yes, there was an elevator. Unfortunately, they were given a room at the end of the hall from the elevator. They had to walk the long hall and use the elevator every time they took their dog out.

The property may be dog friendly. It may be able to accommodate people with special physical needs. However, it does NOT have facilities for travelers with both needs.

They would have changed hotels but were so tired from traveling they stayed. They will not stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JimMcJunkinGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I am sorry your parents had such a dificult time at my hotel. Yes, we are pet friendly and yes, we do have rooms designated as pet rooms. The designated pet rooms are the end of the hall on both the 2nd and 3rd floors. There are exit doors at the end of each hall, affording pet owners an easy exit from the building to walk their pets; however, I can see, with your parents difficulty in getting around, where this would create a problem. Therefore, I have revised our pet policy to accomodate both pets and guests with special physical needs. This has never been a problem for us before and I appreciate you pointing out the problem that it caused.
Murphy, NC
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just remodeled, very clean everywhere. Nice room, great bed. Excellant breakfast included. Can't beat it for the price. The motel has been totally remodeled, looks like it is brand new. Parking well lighted.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Bob G
Thank you for posting your review. I think you hit on all our good points! In addition to our very celebrated breakfast, we offer WiFi, a heated indoor pool and hot tub, a business center and a fitness center. Once again, I thank you for your review and happy traveling!
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was very delighted with the cleanliness of this hotel's room and ground. From what I understand, this hotel was refurbished fairly recently and the refurbishing is excellent. Of course, don't expect a high-end hotel room (such as the Sheraton or Marriott) but it definitely is fit for a businessman or for family. The hotel is located in a good area where there is shopping and restaurants nearby. I only spent one night here because I was on a business trip, but I will return to this hotel when I'm in the Statesville area again. The continental breakfast is good, if not great, and the breakfast area is actually in the bar. Yes, there is a bar at this Comfort Inn if you wish to have a drink after a day of travel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cbern648
We always strive to accomodate our business travelers, afterall, you are on the road a whole lot. I'm glad you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and found our bar. Next time you travel through Statesville you'll have to relax in the heated pool and hot tub as well. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The staff very helpful always greeted with a smile. Room was large, modern, and clean. Parking lot was large and well lit. Breakfast was hot, with a good variety. Would definitely recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am certainly glad your family had a good stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again. I'm glad you mentioned our staff as we strive to always be profession, courteous and helpful; not just our front desk staff, but our entire staff. I tell everyone that works here that the Golden Rule is "The Guest Takes Priority Over Everything." Thank you for your wonderful review and we will see you again soon!