“Visiting family in Statesville”

Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Landisburg, Pa
“Visiting family in Statesville”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We have visited family in Statesville over the past few months and have stayed multiple times at the Comfort Inn. I was so pleased with our first stay, I didn't consider going anywhere else. We rent a number of rooms each time for other family members and have been very satisfied. The front desk staff make the reservation processs, check-in and check-out a pleasure. We had met a lot of the other staff as well and everyone was very friendly and focused on making our stay enjoyable. The breakfast was wonderful, not just continential. The only disappointment was the size of the indoor swimming pool and hot tub, which was not well ventilated. The hotel was very clean and located close to the interstate for easy access to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front of the hotel are quieter. It helps to ask for one where you won't he...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel was redone and opened in Sept. 2011. My first impression when I walked in was how cheerful and spacious it is, it put an instant smile on my face. Then I noticed how clean everything was. I found the hotel staff very courteous and friendly. The bed linens and pillows are silky soft and comfortable. I have already been recommending this hotel to my friends.

Gahanna
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Travelling on vacation, I reserved a 2 Queen bed suite for my wife, son & dghtr. I made this reservation through choice Privileges which showed a 2 Queen bed suite. When I arrived, Kisha, the front desk clerk, informed me that the website was incorrect and that the suites were "Doubles", not "Queens". This is not what I wanted and I was not happy! I told her I'd call Choice Privileges.....after being on hold for a few minutes, Kisha told me that she could take care of it. She gave me a King suite and a second room with two beds for no charge. Now this only works because my kids are older, but it was very helpful. Then, when we saw the rooms, we were delighted. The suite actually had two separate bathrooms, a huge comfy recliner (and I mean "HUGE") and flat screens. Very clean hotel also. Hope the rest of my vacation turns out this nice!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JimMcJunkinGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I'm certainly glad that Kisha was able to make your day! All my guest service representatives have been instructed to give not only our Choice Priviliges members special treatment, but every guest that walks through the door. I am working with Choice to get our website updated as soon as possible. Thank you again for staying with us!
North East, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very Nice Property, clean and recently renovated.
Were personally greeted at check in by the General Manager.
Staff was courteous, friendly and helpful.
Price was fair and location was convenient.

Room Tip: May be able to upgrade to a King Suite if available.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Alpharetta, GA
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'm giving this a 5 star rating because it is much nicer than you would expect for the price. Very clean, comfortable, easy check in/check out and free breakfast included. Eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, juices, coffee, etc. We stopped in for the night on a road trip. It is easy to get to just off of the highway. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
St. Cloud, MN
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was a great stay! We wanted to get a little closer down to Charlotte, but the hotels didn't seem quite as nice as what I was finding at the time. I was glad we stopped here. You can tell it's a remodel from a different hotel, it's still very, very nice, but there are just a few parts to it that aren't quite up to Comfort Inn's usual "standards".

The pool and pool area was small and not well ventilated. However, it WAS really hot the past few days.....The hot tub was perhaps the smallest hot tub I've ever seen.....it was really cute. We didn't use it, there was already another person in it, and I think 2 or 3 adults is about the max you want in this one. LOL. Like I said, the pool was small, but clean and perfect temperature.

When we first went to check in, I asked if we could see the pool area first and she gladly made up a key so we could go check it out. I thought that was really nice. We didn't even have reservations.

Hotel lobby is beautiful and well kept. Breakfast area was HUGE! Lots of options....eggs, meat, cereal, fruit, yogurt....etc. Absolutely wonderful!

Would definitely stay again and would definitely recommend to other travelers. Unless a hot tub is the main priority on your list, you will not be disappointed on your stay here!

michigan
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room was updated and very clean. Great place to stay with pet...only $15.00. Would definitely stay again for a good rest.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family