“One word! Yum!!!!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I'm not from Statesville but I consider myself a local considering majority of the last 4 years I've spent most of my time here! Charanda's is my favorite place to eat when I'm in the mood for Mexican! I absolutely love their Margarita's!!! The atmosphere of the restaurant is good however in my opinion could use a little more spice and flare. But other than that this is a great place to gather with family or friends!!! The staff are always helpful and smiling! I highly recommend for a night out!

There are newer reviews for Charanda Mexican Grill & Cantina

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I might be a bit harsh on Mexican restaurants because I'm a native of San Antonio, Texas but, this place was average.

The salsa was mild, a bit bland. The chips were good. The margaritas we got were a bit bitter, they could've used sugar to sweeten them *just* a bit, but they were large (about 16-20 oz). The enchiladas I got were tasty, but nothing special. The plate came with rice and beans which I thought were good. The service was good too: at times I wanted faster service, but nothing to break the experience.

Overall, a good place. I would eat here again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I just moved to Statesville and was looking for a good Mexican restaurant.. i went to a place across from my apartment a couple times thinking that maybe it wld get better well it didnt so i had to continue my search... i stopped in to Charanda one day the staff was so friendly and helpful i tried something ive never had because he was able to answer my questions without me feeling like i was bothering him and it was delicious... so i had to come back... i found my favorite Mexican restaurant in Statesville... try it b4 u judge it by the
reviews

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife took me out to Charanda last night for my birthday. The service AND the food was excellent, as was the atmosphere. Very clean too. We will go back again real soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

New to the city and my new neighbors recommended the restaurant. Everything was great and I now have a favorite restaurant and neighbors.