“Cozy and Romantic - Wonderful Host”
Review of Clichy Inn

Clichy Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Statesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Lori is a charming innkeeper who has decorated this B&B with the help of her late husband into a wonderful treat for my wife and I on Valentine's Day. We selected this venue based on TripAdvisor reviews and couldn't have been more pleased. From the warm welcome and advice on local dining, to the tour of her home, seeing her grandchildren and other family members, and a delicious breakfast to top our day stay, we concluded we will be back again on our next visit to relatives in the area. We had a beautiful room with bath and balcony. Cozy stay on a cool NC night.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 30, 2008

My husband's parents live in Statesville. Last year we stayed at the Masters Inn and I vowed, "Never Again!" when we left town. I sought out Statesville B&Bs, not expecting much and the Clichy Inn was a pleasant surprise!

Lori was very welcoming and as others mentioned not imposing. She made us feel right at home, with offers of snacks, beverages (adult and otherwise!) and other amenities. She also let us switch roooms upon arrival since the other vacant room was more to our liking. We stayed in the Bacchus Suite and the decor was lovely. We didn't get a chance to try out the jetted tub during our short visit, but I appreciated the option, nonetheless.

When we returned from our evening out, we found chocolate covered strawberries in the room and at breakfast were offered a couple options and selected stuffed french toast (a good decision). I wish we stayed more than one night...and that my husband's parents weren't about to move to Salisbury, NC. I would very happily stay at the Clichy Inn again and was impressed enough that we might make the drive from my in-laws new house to this B&B.

Overall, the only semi-negative thing to say about the Clichy Inn is that the free beer/wine was on the lower end of my liking...That said, it was free and I am something of a beer/wine snob! Really a great place and great people. I hope the Clichy Inn continues in its success!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2008

First, I would like to say that we had plans to stay at the Econo Lodge booked through Orbitz and after reading the reviews on this site we cancelled our reservations. When we actually arrived in Statesville just peering at the outside and then "cheap langerie" store directly across we are more than Grateful for TravelAdvisor's existance.

Moving on the most important entries, we go lucky and were able to book the 2 bedroom/2bathroom carriage house at the Clichy Inn. Upon our arrival we were greated right away by Lori one half of the owning party and host of the Clichy Inn. She was very friendly and very charming without over imposing after a very long drive. She showed us around the carriage house and the grounds and pretty much left us with the "make yourselves at home" feeling right away.

The carriage house was more than charming with a Huge master bedroom with Queen bed and perfect little sitting/entertainment area that included a little fireplace (that we didnt need since it was summer). It was cool and comfortable with luxury linens' and the downstairs bathroom was spacious and inviting not to mention clean! The kitchenette was perfect for weekender's with a great dining area. The second bedroom was smaller with a full bed that they are planning to upgrade soon and a second smaller bathroom with a shower only. They also made note that they will be upgrading this bathroom soon but nevertheless it was more than useable.

The grounds themselves were more than inviting but simply just relaxing with water features, beautiful big trees, several places to lounge, and a wonderful outdoor deck to site and conversate. The best part of all this was the on grounds constant "meet and great" personality "LD" or "lovey dovey" the cat. Was immensly entertaining and sord of a constant watchful eye over assuring all was well with the guests without imposing or being needy whatsoever. The interior of the main house was beautiful with is history feel lending to some Victorian era themes. Grand photo's beautful glass collections and paperweights as well as just a comfortable and inviting sitting room and dining room.

The most wonderful of all the amenities was the breakfast in my opinion. Hand cooked every morning by Mrs. Lori herself and served on the spot ranging from Fresh fuit, fresh baked bread's/muffins, macadamia nut french toast, spinch quiche, corn and red pepper cheese quiche, and not to mention the variety or juices and of course constant coffee. It was incredible. They truly have build a home away from home, right down to the last detail of personal touche's even nightly surprises for you to snack. Both Lori and Larry themselves are charming and heartfelt individuals that shared thier family faces and stories to thier beautiful home and Inn. We could have spent all our time there and doing nothing else. Thank you so much for allowing us to partake in a piece of your lives it was truly OUR treat of the vacation. The Harlans

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We couldnt have asked for a better outcome. We booked a trip down from Maryland to North Cariolina to check out the Hiddenitte mines (1 of 5 stars by the way). We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights at the local Econo Lodge. Not really thinking about what others have said about the econo lodge until about a week before the trip. Well we read up and were HORRIFIED at the reviews on Trip Advisor for the rooms we booked. So we canceled 2 days before our trip in a hurry to find a new place, we check a few other motel style lodging before the idea of a bed and breakfast came to me. I recalled seeing the Clichy INN on the B&B tabs here at TA.

We called to see if they had room for 2 familys needing two rooms. We saw that the Carriage house was available for those times. We were willing to spend some more money knowing we would have breakfast provided, and a nicer environment. Needless to say renting an entire house, two bed room, two bathroom and a dinning/kitchenette for 20 dollars more TOTAL for our stay. Now you tell me, some bed bug ridden motel room, with out of date interior, bad TV and cigarette infused rugs. OR a slow paced, large yard CLEAN, garden, hammock, historic, with nice people. Man we lucked out.

If we ever came back through statesville, we would certainly stay at the Clichy, Lori and Larry were awesome. Little Chase and the cat were great. Many times we commented that it felt like we were staying at a friends house and not paid for lodging.

Keeping doing what you're doing, it certainly is working!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simplegreen
Reviewed May 16, 2008

An absolutely wonderful Bed and Breakfast. It was the most pleasant part of our drive back to New York.
The Inn is beautiful and reflects the love and care and talent Lori and Larry have for it. The amenities are great -- wine in the evening, beer, soda and bottled water always available. Coffee is available in the morning and the Eggs Benedict Breakfast, is the best I've ever had. The other breakfast items and choices are great too.
To stay at the Clichy Inn vs. a hotel or motel for a adult couple is an easy choice.
I think you'll love the Inn. Lori and Larry are wonderful, caring and friendly owners.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed March 22, 2008

This was by far the best experiance I have had staying at a "B&B". Lori and her staff are very professional and caring. The inn has a wonderful southern charm and I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone in the statesville area. Thanks Lori!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank merrickgould
Reviewed February 18, 2008

I would recommend the Clichy Inn Bed & Breakfast to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend getaway. From the minute we stepped into the Inn, we were welcomed with warm smiles by the owners, I knew we were in for a real treat. My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon suite which was absolutely amazing with a comfy bed with a mattress heater (if you haven't tried one, you're missing out) and a huge bathtub to unwind at the end of the day. The owners thought of everything - from treats on your nightstand to his and her bathrobes. Both mornings we were served breakfast with a variety of options from fruit to pastries to pancakes and bacon. This historic Inn was truly a home away from home for us, a place that we would definitely stay at again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple