“Love!”
Review of 220 Cafe

220 Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
220 Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 164 Restaurants in Statesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Love!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Love...super great food...great service. ...friendly staff...my husband and I go back again and again

• Visited June 2013

NC
“A salt meal”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times. The food is pricey. The service is good. However, each time we go, the food gets saltier and saltier! A few weeks ago, I got the risotto, which was good but a bit salty. I don't know if they got a new chef or what but my meal this past weekend was almost inedible! I got the rib-eye sandwich. I brought half of it home for left-overs and rinsed the meat before warming it up. That helped some. The quality, though, was terrible for this restaurant, full of untrimmed fat and gristle.

I just want this place to do better. They advertise themselves as an upscale restaurant - I wish they would do their part.

If we go back, I will be requesting "no added salt" to my meal. If that doesn't work, we won't return.

• Visited May 2013
Statesville, North Carolina
“Disappointed, won't go back!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband & I thought we'd give 220 Cafe one more try before we wrote it off forever. Service was good. We sat outside but there was constant loud music blaring from cars driving by. He had the rib-eye which was very average. I had the special which was grouper. I should have known better than to order fish in Statesville. It was over-cooked, fishy and tough (had to use a knife to cut it when it should have just flaked off). As the server was clearing our plates, he asked how our meal was. He should have realize I wasn't happy with my meal since I left most of it. I told him about the grouper & his response was, "Hummm, it shouldn't be like that". For $25.00 I was at least expecting an apology or response from the management! Very disappointed , won't go back & will tell my friends not to bother!

• Visited May 2013
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

beef tenderloin beet (appetizer section) is excellent along with the yellow tuna!

The food is just great.

Be sure to check out the wall art :)

• Visited March 2013
Statesville, North Carolina
“Poor Service”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The atmosphere was great, the music had a nice theme to it. Huge windows to look out of to view the downtown area. The food came to our table hot, but the service was terrible. It took 45 minutes to get our food.The resturant wasnt busy and yet, our waiter only came to our table twice. Once to drop off our food(which took 45 minutesto cook). The second time our check was ready. It only took three minutes for the check to come to our table. So Poor Service, decent food, good atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013