“Great food at a great price”

Vaquero's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 165 Restaurants in Statesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Family-owned restaurant. Everything is fresh and home-made. I've never had a bad meal there, and have had many great ones. Wonderful, friendly waiter (Sergio).
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I eat at Vaquero's at least once a month or more. The staff is great, service is prompt, food is cooked to order so it doesn't have that heated from the freezer ordeal about it. It is a family owned and operated restaurant where they know you by name if you are a regular. I usually don't have to order, we come in take a seat and they bring me what I drink, and just verify I will be ordering what I usually do. That is service and attention to detail you do not find in most places today. Highly recommend for value, service, and quality.

1  Thank LANCE C

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best mexican food you can have in Irredel county, hands down. You should try the "carne asada" and the enchiladas are super.
Say hello to Sergio the waiter.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

family owned and run - friendly service - standard mexican faire food
located in small strip center.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on our way to Knoxville. Very nice lunch; we had the seafood enchiladas they were very good. I was not found of the sauce. The service was friendly and prompt.

1  Thank Charmed1994
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had not had the chance to try this small quiet restaurant and were quite surprised. They are very friendly and very willing to make sure you are satisfied with your order. My husband does not care for hot salsa, but I do and we were given both. I am not an onion eater but he is, our food was prepared just to our individual taste. How refreshing! The food was hot and very good. If you are wanting true Mexican food this is a great place to try.