“Pathetic!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The most pathetic dining experience ever! The only good that came from our experience there were the many laughs from the comedy of errors that entertained us the entire time we were there. The food was terrible, the service, terrible, and the outdoor dining atmosphere, terrible. Several items listed on the menu were not available, the specials listed were not available, and the food that was available never came even though we were told the chef was in the process of preparing it only to be told later, sorry ,it's no longer available! The entire time we sensed they were flying by the seat of their pants and failed to realize they were in the restaurant business to serve and prepare for people who were willing to patronize them. It's obvious they were more concerned about making $ as a 20% gratuity was added to our bill for 5 adults and 2 kids. There is nothing good to say about Mezzaluna II

1  Thank E4everYoung

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I ordered the penne bolognese and my wife had a veal dish. The meals came with an average salad with creamy Italian dressing. I was surprised that there was no lasagna or meatball dishes on the menu. The penne bolognese was mostly pasta with not too much meat or sauce. My wife did enjoy her veal.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just ate there tonight and it was the worst experience I have ever encountered at a restaurant. First the service was terrible and extremely slow. Forgot my salad and they were out of items on the menu even the specials they had on the sign when you entered and the waiter had even told us about before we ordered and we ate early at 6:00 P.M. They would stagger the dishes so that some people were finished before others had even been served. Some dishes were to have vegetables that were not on the plate and when we asked the server he said the chef did not think they went with the order.It was on the menu that a vegetable was included.There were six of us and one person did not get his order and when we asked the server he said he was sorry and that the cook was working on it and it would be right out. Well then he comes and tells us they are out of what he had ordered so this person had no dinner. Then the server brought the hand written and added bill also hand written with a 20% tip added to the bill. I guess he figured he would not have received one otherwise. Overall we had a very bad experience and will not be back or recommend Mezullana II.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter, my sister-in-law, my 2 nieces and l had lunch at Mezzaluna II a week ago. My daughter, who is 17, ordered chicken parm, l ordered eggplant parm. My nieces got child's plates of penne with sauce and fettucine alfredo. Can't remember what my sis in law got. When my eggplant parm arrived, it was sitting on top of a watery sauce that looked like someone had put a spoonful of tomato sauce in a cup of water. My eggplant was so soggy my daughter thought it was mushrooms. Her chicken was cold, rubbery and she had the same watery sauce underneath. She ate a few bites and gave up. If it hadn't been for the spaghetti side, a very small amount, we would have gone away hungry. We sat in the back of the restaurant which was freezing cold and were almost the only people there, which should have clued me in to what our dining experience would be. Our tab for our 2 meals, a tea and a water was $21, and the tip was added in, which l found odd, considering it was 2 adults, a teen, and 2 children dining. All in all, a very bad experience, and we will never go back.

1  Thank nervousnelly2
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our second time celebrating Valentines here. I had the stuffed Flounder and it was outstanding! Every time we have eaten here it has been better than the time before. The chef knows how to prepare a plate that not only is beautifully presented but also a treat to the taste buds. What a hidden treasure in Statesville.

Been to Mezzaluna II? Share your experiences!