“rest in Statesville”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Statesville
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Statesville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Mayfield, Ohio
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I chose this hotel as I was traveling North from Florida to Ohio and it was about halfway between those places. Also, the price was nice and I had seen good reviews here. I checked in and there was a kind lady at the desk. I was given a nice room with a mini fridge and couch along with the bed and bathroom. I wasn't quite ready to sleep so I staed up a bit and watched some TV. When I shut the lights of finally, I could hear something moving around by my head. I turned on lights and to my HORROR there were BED BUGS scampering to get out of the light. I grabbed my cell phone and snapped a picture, then smooshed one as I tried to scoop it up in one of the cups to show the front desk. I then proceeded to the front desk and I was told that they didn't know they had them and she was reluctant to believe me until I showed her the picture and told her I had one in a cup on the nightstand as well - dead as I smooshed it. She then told me that they didn't have any other rooms. I asked for any reccommendations and she stated that ALL the hotels in the area are booked as she had called around for other people. I advised her I would like a refund and was told that they couldn't issue it to me until the manager came back from out of the country the following Monday (over a week later.) I advised her that I wanted a full refund and that I want it in writing. She said she wouldn't check me out so I wouldn't be charged. I old her put it in writing. She gave me a printout and wrote my complaint on it and that would issue refund when reviewed by manager/owner. IMAGINE my surprise when I got home and then I had a charge for not only the room but an additional 10% for what, I don't know as even the taxes were already included. I called the hotel immediately and received the same story that I would have to wait as no one had authority to issue refund. I advised that I would contact the BBB and file a complaint and then they said they would issue the refund and when the owner comes back he would review it and if any problems with it he would call me. So, I got my refund but wanted everyone to know to be careful as there are BED BUGS in this hotel. I tried to post the cell pictures but can't get them to upload at this time. P.S. I was told that they could give me a blanket and I could pull my car up into the employee area and sleep in my car. Well, I left and went down the road and found the RAMADA INN and guess what...PLENTY OF OPENINGS. I checked in there and had a wonderful night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without bed bugs or ask them to show you what they use to clean the room and verify n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank way2gorjus4u
Ohio
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have stayed in many Wyndham Microtels in the past. They are always a nice hotel to stay in on our way to a vacation destination. This hotel is in a great location, just off the main interstate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Tonawanda
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Clean rooms, bathrooms. Like having refrigerator and coffee pot. Staff was very personable and helpful, especially in recommending restaurants in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I was pleased with my recent stay at this hotel. While it is by no means "The Ritz" it is what Microtels usually are: clean and comfortable with basic amenities (no frills). I enjoyed the heat lamp in the bathroom and the large bathtub (larger than most hotels anyway). The bed sheets smelled fresh, the TV was a nice flat-screen, and there's free WiFi. I got a bit hungry for dinner and noticed online that there is an A&W Restaurant within walking distance. Indeed there was, but it appeared to either be out of business or not yet open (it is a newer building, so I'm assuming it's under construction). Instead, I drove across town to a delicious Japanese restaurant called Shikis - everything there is good, but the shrimp sauce makes it awesome. Back to the hotel... Service was a little inconsistent. When I first arrived I was checked-in by a super-friendly, well-presented young lady. I don't know her name, but she deserves to be recognized for her customer service skills. Upon checking-out in the morning, however, I had an entirely different experience. Myself and another guest waiting to check out stood at the counter for 10 minutes and rang this little electronic call button 3 times. "Oh" says the guest behind me, "We interrupted her smoking break." Just then a different staff person (less presentable) comes in, who didn't seem to care. Both myself and the other guest simply plopped down our room cards on the desk and left. Customer service is everything. Microtel needs more people like the friendly young lady and less like the lady standing out front smoking cigarettes.

• Stayed May 2013
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight while traveling. Not fancy but clean. My son-in-law heard a train around 3:00AM but I didn't in my room. Breakfast area was large and food was fine. Well worth the price for a few hours of sleep

• Stayed May 2013