“Nice room, pool, and breakfast! Just what we needed!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice room, pool, and breakfast! Just what we needed!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful - both at check-in and breakfast. Our suite was roomy and clean. The pool was a welcome distraction after a long drive - it was clean and heated to a perfectly comfortable temperature. Breakfast was good - ample options. My daughter loved the automatic pancake machine - even though it's a bit temperamental -the result was tasty! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cle
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nothing exceptional here just, Good service and staff, clean, quiet and nice.
The staff was pleasant and very accommodating, particularly when I got the last room in the hotel for the night. Psss we got the ADA suite with the roll-in shower, and LOTS of room, almost too much, you could have a soccer game in the vestibule, and the ceiling was high enough for Lebron James to dunk in.

The bed was a king and its the biggest King I've ever seen!!! You could get lost in it.

The breakfast was nice, but I do have one thing to say.... Waffles, not pancakes!!!
The cinnamon rolls, and sausage products were outstanding. and the food was plentiful.
Would i stay here again... absolutely!!!!

Room Tip: If you a late sleeper dont get rooms near the common area, as the kids charging up the hallways for...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cjmmjc
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This HI Express would get the lowest rating of all the Express's we have stayed at. Pool is too small and only 3 machines in the workout room. Front desk personnel, although professional, were less than friendly. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear GrampaRick,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the pool, fitness center and the service you received from our staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our way back from Hilton Head. We were so pleased with the service, the room was spotless and the beds and linens were wonderful. We had a problem setting the room temperature and the desk clerk came right up to our room and fixed it quickly. The breakfast was superior - especially the cinnamon rolls! That decides it for me, for quick stops I'm always using Holiday Inn Express. Price was just right too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
staten island new york
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a high school graduation and other than the slowest elevator I have ever encountered, I had a decent stay. Everything was clean. The breakfast was typical fare and the pancake machine worked!!! The bed was a little on the soft side, but I loved that they marked the pillows soft and firm. I had the two bed suite and the fridge did not work at all. I confess I was too lazy to complain so i cant speak to how the hotel would handle the complaint. I was in room 217 which was right by the elevator and ice machine. I never heard any noise but a light sleeper might. Since there are many hotel choices in the area I will nit pick a little. I am used to fitness rooms being open 24 hours and was disappointed that the one here closed at 11 p.m. I was also disappointed to find only 2 treadmills and a bike. No ellipitical. I have also noticed a disturbing trend in chain hotels not to hang a makeup mirror in the bathroom. I am not particularly tall and leaning over the very wide sink was awkward. As I said, nit picking. I was treated well by the staff, the location was easy on and off the highway, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
highpoint north carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2013

me an my husband went in on a friday an we both ask the man at the front desk " how much is it for two nights total an check out on sunday?" the man said 119.00 plus tax. an i ask him again " is that for two nights total ?" he said yes.we checked out on sunday an they charged my account another 119.00 an they tryed to say it was 119 per night an that we had to pay for the man that was there friday mistake. we checked the account monday an sure enough they charged us again. we will never stay there again..... they are very rude an disrespectful.............. an they lie. an charge you that there is nothing that you can do about it

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank h0llys1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear h0llys1,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville, NC. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were charged a $225 cleaning fee. Upon checkout, the room was left in perfect condition, I have the photos and video to prove it. When questioned about the fees the hotel management was not available to speak to me. The front desk staff was rude and disrespectful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family