“Great place for a quick stop!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our way back from Hilton Head. We were so pleased with the service, the room was spotless and the beds and linens were wonderful. We had a problem setting the room temperature and the desk clerk came right up to our room and fixed it quickly. The breakfast was superior - especially the cinnamon rolls! That decides it for me, for quick stops I'm always using Holiday Inn Express. Price was just right too!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a high school graduation and other than the slowest elevator I have ever encountered, I had a decent stay. Everything was clean. The breakfast was typical fare and the pancake machine worked!!! The bed was a little on the soft side, but I loved that they marked the pillows soft and firm. I had the two bed suite and the fridge did not work at all. I confess I was too lazy to complain so i cant speak to how the hotel would handle the complaint. I was in room 217 which was right by the elevator and ice machine. I never heard any noise but a light sleeper might. Since there are many hotel choices in the area I will nit pick a little. I am used to fitness rooms being open 24 hours and was disappointed that the one here closed at 11 p.m. I was also disappointed to find only 2 treadmills and a bike. No ellipitical. I have also noticed a disturbing trend in chain hotels not to hang a makeup mirror in the bathroom. I am not particularly tall and leaning over the very wide sink was awkward. As I said, nit picking. I was treated well by the staff, the location was easy on and off the highway, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

me an my husband went in on a friday an we both ask the man at the front desk " how much is it for two nights total an check out on sunday?" the man said 119.00 plus tax. an i ask him again " is that for two nights total ?" he said yes.we checked out on sunday an they charged my account another 119.00 an they tryed to say it was 119 per night an that we had to pay for the man that was there friday mistake. we checked the account monday an sure enough they charged us again. we will never stay there again..... they are very rude an disrespectful.............. an they lie. an charge you that there is nothing that you can do about it

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h0llys1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear h0llys1,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville, NC. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were charged a $225 cleaning fee. Upon checkout, the room was left in perfect condition, I have the photos and video to prove it. When questioned about the fees the hotel management was not available to speak to me. The front desk staff was rude and disrespectful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike L

Dear Mike L

Krysllin G.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were a group of 3 couples that came to Statesville for a family wedding. Each couple had a King Suite room. Oooh La La. What a great room with a 42" TV, huge seating area with a loveseat and desk, an area with a microwave and sink, and a fridge. This hotel is the cleanest I've ever stayed in. The beds and linens are top of the line and so comfortable. I also like the lack of bedspread. So much cleaner to have the fresh bedding. A wonderful bathroom with built-in shelves at the vanity for all your toiletries and makeup. The breakfast is great and every member of the staff we encountered was friendly and helpful. They even let us play cards with our family in the breakfast room after the wedding on Saturday evening. This was a pricey room, but you get what you pay for. My only complaint would be the painfully slow elevator. 4 floors and 1 slow elevator. Worked OK until lots of people wanted to use the carts to haul luggage to the room. The hotel is new and everything looks it. We'll stay here for future family events.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We got a "suite" with a fold-out bed, and were on the third floor. One of the beds was the squeakiest I've ever heard -- it squeaked loudly whenever someone turned over. (The other bed was quiet and comfy.) The road noise was significant. And in the early morning I could hear footsteps above me -- it must have been a little one running around. Luckily I brought a small fan to drown out the noise. Overall a noisier experience than I'd expect.

Also there was an issue with the threshold going into the bathroom -- you really had to push to close the door.

Breakfast was HIE standard stuff but pancake maker was out of order.

• Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear tschuhster,

Ferdinand G

Reviewed April 2, 2013

He are all the reasons we were impressed with our stay: very friendly and helpful front desk staff, pristine room, wonderful soft bedding with pillow cases embroidered with firmness, Simmons Beautyrest pillow-top mattress, fabulous shower with thirsty towels, White Citrus Bath and Body Works products (the ladies will like these!) and a good breakfast is included. As with all hotels in this chain, there is an indoor pool and workout room. There are many restaurant and small stores close to the hotel.

Room Tip: You a close to a highway so for less noise, choose a room furthest from the road.