“Great food”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Wilkesboro, NC
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Best little secret in Statesville. Wasn't food better than in Washington DC. Sushi best ever ginger was excellent

• Visited December 2013

Greensboro NC
“Great sushi, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Asheville and were thoroughly pleased with the variety of sushi and quality. We got four rolls - the Samurai, Rainbow, Chopstix and spicy tuna. All were very good. Service was prompt and friendly. Ambiance not the best but it was clean and well-lit - similar to many sushi restaurants - nothing fancy but pleasant.

• Visited December 2013
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Excellent But Over Priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I always get the Chicken Pad Thai. It is very good and easily best around however their pricing is higher than average of similiar quality Thai restaurants in the region.

• Visited September 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good Thai/Japanese restaurant in Statesville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We ate at Chopstix based on other TripAdvisor reviews. Chopstix is your average American Thai/Japanese restaurant—good but not particularly authentic. We went in the door to the Japanese side (not knowing that's what it was) and got offered only the Japanese menu. Because of TripAdvisor, we knew about the Thai side (but never saw it) and asked for the Thai menu too--which was more extensive.

The Pad Thai was average (as Pad Thai generally is) and the Massaman curry was too salty (too much fish sauce). The staff were super friendly and helpful. It was filled with locals, which generally means it’s a decent place to eat in town—much better than chain restaurants. Good atmosphere and didn’t feel rushed, so were able to just relax and have a leisurely dinner. We would come again when in Statesville.

• Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thai & Japanese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a combination Thai and Japanese restaurant. I went in the wrong door and was given the menu for the Japanese side. I wanted the Thai so the waiter gave me the other menu. The room was bright like a luncheonette no atmosphere. I ordered a seafood item with Thai noodles. Was served a generous portion of nicely flavored noodles with 6 seafood items on top. The shrimp was dry & tough. The scallops were tender, but the calamari was almost unchewable. When the waiter came by I mentioned my disappointment and he suggested I should try one of the other meats next time. On the way out I checked the other side. It looked nicer. An employee asked me on the way out "everything delicious?" Told him above. He said we are #3 in Statesville "you should have liked!"

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Paul G

Been to Chopstix? Share your experiences!