“Solid Food in Statesville”

1849 Pizza & Wing Company
Ranked #20 of 161 Restaurants in Statesville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Italian, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television
Mississauga
“Solid Food in Statesville”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

It's been awhile since I have managed to time my trips through Statesville to match those of 1849. Hours have changed a bit since I was through before and they are now closed Sundays AND Mondays as well as only open after 4:30 pm until.....???...depends on business.....later anyway.
But the reward of getting there was well worth the wait.
The OLDE 1849 BACON CHEESEBURGER PIE is exactly that....LOADED with all the goodies....but let it cool a bit! It looked so good I couldn't wait to dig in and burned the roof of my mouth!
The wings come Memphis (sweet & smokey), traditional (hot & spicy) and dry rub. I had the Memphis.....a good size of wing meat but just a little too much "smoke" flavour for my taste.
TERRIFIC assortment of local American craft beers from dark to light. I had a lovely DOGFISH IPA from Delaware which just topped the meal off so well.
An understandably popular spot for locals and the local hotels right near the I-40 it fills up really quickly but it is so worth the wait.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Doug W

“Excellent as always. Great craft beer selection.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately no draft all bottle. Pizza, wings and sandwiches all excellent. Our favorite is the garlic knots. Our usual order 10 wings (they have 3 styles), small pizza and an order of knots. I always have one of the new beer selections. Excellent is all I can say. Sometimes the servers get a little overwhelmed, still always friendly and hustling.

• Visited September 2013
Statesville, North Carolina
“Best wings in Statesville”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food is the same (awesome) every time we eat here. Friendly environment and quick on service. We were able to take family of which includes small children and they seem to enjoy the food too. This is a place to fit into your budget at least once a month.

• Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent Wings”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've eaten here a few times, they make everything fresh and grow what they can. They have a wide beer selection. Our favorite item on the menu is the wings and their pizza are unique and very tasty.

• Visited June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quaint”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

this seemed to be the popular small pizza and wings hangout. If you are staying at one of the nearby hotels you can enjoy some unusual pizzas with the locals. we don't drink, but we did not feel uncomfortable that this appeared to be a favorite spot for exotic beers. Friendly. Convenient location.

• Visited April 2013