Sorrento Pizzeria and Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I changed my dining plans to patronize this restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews. The garlic knots were the best part. The NY style pizza was average at best. My coworker and I discussed this review before I wrote it.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were on our way back to Florida and were looking for something other than chain food restaurants. Taking the advice of others we stopped at this strip mall. As others have said, don't let appearances deceive you. At 2:00 in the afternoon there were only 4 other busy tables. My husband ordered the potato soup and 1/2 ham/salami sub. The soup was both rich and hot and his sub was made to order. The price included a drink. He was very impressed. I ordered the spinach ravioli that included hot bread and a drink. It was nice comfort food. The prices were very reasonable and the waiter was excellent. Our food was delivered to us quickly and the service could not have been better. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys Italian food.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I were staying in town overnight on our way to Georgia and South Carolina. We were looking for a good place to eat in Statesville, and saw the many positive recommendations on this web site. After eating there this evening, I would have to agree that the food was excellent, the service was very good and the atmosphere quite nice. As another reviewer commented, you should not judge this place by the exterior in a strip mall. Once inside, it's a very pleasant place to dine.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants that I have ever eaten at !!! I'm so fortunate to have had found such an authentic Italian gem. Stuffed Mushrooms - Amazingly yummy !!! The cheese & sauce are perfecto !!! We wanted to lick the plate !!! House Salads fresh . Excellent Creamy Italian. I had the Veggie Stuffed Shells - Marinara sauce fresh , light and flavorful. Perfect balance cheese, veggie, and sauce ! My daughter had the Puttanesca Sauce- the aroma & flavor, outstanding. Homemade Bread !!! Also, homemade desserts will blow you away !!! Excellent service...friendly staff. I can't wait to return again & again !!! Worth going broke and gaining weight !!!

1  Thank foodfriend67
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

The best place to eat in statesville. The food is Amazing and service is awsome as well. I love the fact that wether your dinning in for 2 or have a large take out order for 12 on a busy saturday night every thing is perfection and the owner and staff are always super friendly. their Garlic Knots are something out of this world a must try if you go here. And the portions are enough for 2 ppl and them some to take home and prices are great as well. I love this place my work goes here at least once a week and i always try something diffrent and love it so i cant recomend just one thing but their garlic knots are always a staple in my order. i recently took my husband here for the first time and he is hooked said the steak strombolie was the best he had ever had.

1  Thank nicholeashley