“Food like this is why the South lost the war....”
Review of Gluttons Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Gluttons Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Description: We are loccated in New Towne Shopping Center off of I-77 and have been in business for 28 years. If you are looking for a GREAT STEAK and a friendly locally owned restaurant Gluttons is your place!
South Portland, Maine
“Food like this is why the South lost the war....”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Even the beer was stale. Vegetable sides were cooked to mush, mashed potatoes were just potatoes with added mystery grease. Avoid dining here at all costs. The staff was friendly, though.

• Visited October 2012
moonladyinthesky, Owner at Gluttons Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I had a staff meeting Monday morning after this review was posted to see why this complaint was not addressed with the guest at the time. All staff assured me that there were no complaints that evening.

It is a mystery why anyone would prefer to complain on the internet rather than inform
the friendly staff (as described by reviewer) on the night in question.

We would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory visit and respectfully suggest you
speak up in person the next time you have a dining experience anywhere that falls short
of your expectations.

Not having the opportunity to correct the problem leaves the customer and the establishment
unhappy.

Fishersville, Virginia
“Nice. Convenient off interstate.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Old restaurant. BUT it was clean and the food was unexpectedly good. We had a party of six and had the shrimp, filet, prime rib. It was all good. Service was great. Really cool bar. See photos. If we weren't such a big party, that would have been fun to eat at the bar. Don't be scared by the old appearance or the shopping center cause the food was so much better than a common chain!

2 Thank GreenAcres100
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Nothing to get excited about!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I decided to have dinner there after a recommendation from another friend. I was not overly impressed. The ambience left something to be desired and the decor was dreary. I understand the look they are trying to present but it does nothing to help the dining experience. Frankly the place just looks run down. The layout of this restaurant is very strange as we were dining upstairs which meant that the waitresses had to bring your food from the main floor. The service was good but the food was just average. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
moonladyinthesky, Owner at Gluttons Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I'm sorry that you and your wife did not enjoy your visit to Gluttons. Our ambiance is not for everyone as we have lots of antiques, original art work, stain glass, grape vines from the Biltmore Estate & copper top tables that show their age. We definitely do not look like a Ruby Tuesday or Outback but more like a local owned restaurant you would find in Charleston or Savannah.

We do not own our building and we tried to work with the wooden post and other permanent structures one of which is the stairs . We wish there was room for an elevator but rest assured everyone we hire is quite aware of the challenges of our balcony dinning and sees it as a way to stay fit!

I am also sorry to hear that your dinner was just average as we strive for better but obviously failed with your dinner. I hope you will give us another chance before you write us off.
Statesville, North Carolina
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great place to take family, business clients or just a romantic evening when you want a great meal. My fiancee and I eat here often and we have never had a bad meal. The filet mignon is one of the best I have ever had and you can never go wrong when ordering the cream of wild rice soup for an appetizer. They have just recently added ahi tuna as an appetizer which we love!!! They have a great selection and the prices are very resonable. The staff members are all very friendly and you often times see the owners come out to chat with regulars or people passing thorough. They really take pride in what they do. They have been in business for over 20 years, so they must be doing something right. Again, one of our favorite places to eat......you should really take time to stop in and enjoy!

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Leann R
Statesville, North Carolina
“Try somewhere else”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Food is sometimes really good and sometimes terrible. Ther service is consistently poor. After being dragged here many times over by family and friends I have finally drawn a line in the sand; I refuse to ever eat a meal here again. The two times I was dragged here, I stuck to liquid calories.

Visited January 2012