“CHIPS AND SALSA DELCIOUS / REAL BURRITOS / CHEESE AND ONION ENCHILADA”
Review of Cactus Rose - CLOSED

Cactus Rose
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Listed on Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/cactus-rose-cafe-stallings
Description: Listed on Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/cactus-rose-cafe-stallings
Reviewed August 22, 2013

OK THIS IS THE PLACE, we got acquainted to Mexican Food after a trip out west when I was i guess around 9-10, and then we found a place in Charlotte named Pedro's> we have had years of fond memories at Pedro's which later became Hermano's < anyone else remember. Well Cactus Rose are the descendent's of Pedro and the staff are great. We drive from Rockingham just to eat there which is a haul. The cheese quesadilla's are great . mmm great memories new and old.

2  Thank Jack Y

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Cactus Rose has moved several times over the years. Our family started eating there 10 or more years ago when they were in downtown Matthews, NC. Now in their 4th location, they seem to have found a really nice space and I hope that we can enjoy anotherth 10 years eating there.

The food is fresh cooked Mexican. Not too many surprises on the menu, but everything on there is excellent. Personally I'm especially fond of their chicken tacos and burritos. The deserts are veery well done an wort a try. If I had to picka weakness it might be the drinks. They are good, but not as memorable as the food or service. And speaking of the service, it's fast, friendly, and consistent. Prices are very affordable and I've never worried about taking my kids.

1  Thank Todd S
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My family never knew this place existed until our neighbors invited us to join them. What a pleasant surprise we received. Our neighbors are regulars here so the staff rolledout the red carpet for them. Talk about wow service. The menu is quite lengthy so it took me a while to decide. During this time they kept the refills and chips/salsa flowing. (they brought out several different heats of salsa which was nice). The food was delicious and plentiful! I can see us coming here a lot more in months to come. Plan on leaving full and with leftovers.

1  Thank Etbunker87
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have been fans of Cactus Rose since we were dating in high school. The first Cactus Rose (although not the first restaurant to serve the food) was located in Matthews, NC. It was located in the old train station and had quite an atmosphere. The new version, after being in another location in Matthews and one in Monroe is now in Stallings, NC next to I-485.

Atmosphere: This place is about as eclectic as it comes. If you look around the restaurant decorations will include something from Valentine's Day, Christmas, Cinco de Mayo, Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, etc. and it won't be any of the holidays. Many of the pictures are from the old restaurant. Yes, there is no recognizable consistent theme, but it doesn't really need one.

Service: It can be great and it can be slow. Most of the time it is good. Chips and salsa are free and they generally pretty good about keeping your drink filled. Debra the owner is always there so if you feel like something is wanting let her know.

Food: The reason we come back. Taco Shells are California style and fried on location. Shredded beef is very good. The refried beans are excellent and so is the rice. Fajitas are quite popular as well. We've followed this place all over the greater Charlotte region so we are a bit obsessed. But to us it is the best Mexican in the area.

1  Thank TravelCov
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

i had originally patronized this restaurant when they were located in Matthews and I was sad that they had closed many years ago. Happy to see they were back, this time in Stallings.
This is not your typical Mexican restaurant; it is family run and the staff is pretty good. The food is excellent, I find it to have a different taste and quality than an ordinary place.
So happy to see them back!

1  Thank CLT-GIG