“Great Mexican food!”

Add it.
El Ranchero Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Spruce Pine
Reviewed March 26, 2013

They have a large menu with a lot of choices and it's just what you'd expect a good Mexican restaurant to have. Friendly service and lots of seating.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our favorite was the chili con queso, which they serve with a generous portion of Mexican spiced beef on top. The service is good if not overly friendly, and the rest of our meals were fine.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had lunch here, typical mexican fare. Food and service was great.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've had real Mexican food, and I've had all of the standard fare offered to us gringos. This is pretty much middle of the road. Good, but nothing spectacular. Portions are okay, prices to match. But nothing that has caused me to get really excited about visiting there too often. Mexican restaurants are becoming like Chinese places, two on every corner, and it will take something special to make one really stand out. This is the perfect place for a family or a bunch of friends to spend some time eating a good meal, but don't expect to find that "jewel" of a place that blows you away. Not happening here.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

El Ranchero is one of my family's favorite places to eat in Spruce Pine. We tend to eat there on Sunday's, which is always a busy day for this restaurant. My husband is Mexican and he enjoys the food, but when I asked him if it was authentic, he said not really. He says the food is prepared different, perhaps to have more appeal to an "American" palate. The tortillas are flour and not corn, btw, which is typically the more Americanized way to serve tortillas. That being said, the food is wonderful. If you visit during a birthday, they will put a big sombrero on you and sing to you. I would say this restaurant is one of the best to eat at in the little town of Spruce Pine. The prices are not bad either.